• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert color image to black in Acrobat DC

New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf of a logo that is currently red in color and I would like to convert it to black in Acrobat. I learned hot to convert it to greyscale but it just comes out grey, whereas I would like it to be a solid black. Is there any way to do this in Acrobat? I don't have any graphic programs on my computer so ideally would like to make this happen in Acrobat. 

Many thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick question, 

what operating system are you using, and which version of Adobe Acrobat are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I somehow missed your message until now. 

I'm using Version 2015.007.20033 on Windows 10.

I've seen this done before at a previous company I worked for, but didn't follow along closely enough to do it myself now.

And I have tried playing around with the Print Production Tool to no avail. Best I can do is convert the original color to gray. Not black.

Thanks for responding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Just following up with you and see if you were able to figure this out.

I forgot to suggest before if you were able to experiment with the Print Production Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You already have an image editor on your computer.

Open the PDF using Accrobat Pro, open the "Edit PDF" tools pane, clic/select the image, and right-clic on the image : Edit using : Paint (or other).

After modifying the image : save and close it.

The modifications are instantly reflected in the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your logo is all one color, you can use a preflight fixup to map the existing color to solid black.

Go to Tools> Print Production> Preflight> Fixups.

Find the Preflight Map color with specified color values and duplicate it from the fly-out menu (You can't edit an existing preflight, but you can edit a new one).

The sample attached will map all dark blues 100,92,0,0 to 0,0,0,100

Map specific color.pngMap blue to black.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened the .pdf, Tools>Print Production>Preflight>Profiles>PDF Fixups.  I do not have a selection"Map color with specific color values".  See attachment.  I have tried to scroll down and apparently 5 listed are my only choices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines