• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to enable/disable open multiple PDF in one window?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I wants to disable Acrobat pro DC open multiple PDF in one windows. I tried find it form options but not successful. do you know how to do this?

Edwin

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

bild9.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the preferences of Acrobat:

Bild8.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, Bernd,

Thanks for your information. I cannot find the option which you mentioned above. I am using the latest Acrobat Pro DC. Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, I am using the latest version.  Acrobat Pro DC does not have this option but Acrobat reader DC has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think your concern is the tools panel, but tabs. Look under the General preferences for the option to open documents in a new tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soory, I posted the wrong screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. I cannot find the option to enable/disable tabs for multiple documents in the preferences (German version). In my test version of Acrobat DC the tabs feature worked, in my "full-version" not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a good look at General preferences: the preference may seem to be about opening documents more than it is about tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bild9.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is different from German version with latest updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Acrobat do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can you see when you open Acrobat with the english UI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to proceed under Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first version with tabs starts 2015.009....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will this version be available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now. For most people it auto updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparantly not for me. So I will have to wait a few days...No problem. Thank you for your time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as mine. I am using latest English version but cannot see that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you posted a screen shot saying you are using Classic 2015.006.30096. Well, that certainly isn't the latest version.

But this leaves a puzzle, because tabs do not even exist in this version. So let's go back to your original question " I wants to disable Acrobat pro DC open multiple PDF in one windows."  Please tell us EXACTLY what you mean by "open in one window". Please be very detailed about what you click and what you see and what you need to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your information.

I am IT support and have many users are using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Some users want to open PDF files with one windows(multiple tab) but others not(multiple windows). I cannot control their behaviors. I just want to have one option can disable/enable this function by themselves.

Please refer to my another post, My side latest version is: 15.006.30096

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I just double check this settings and found:

1. My screenshot from my Trail version Adobe Acrobat Pro DC because I do not have license for my PC. It might be different with my colleagues (licensed Adobe Acrobat Pro DC)

2. I found my colleague has that option which your mentioned but my version does not have. Now, I fixed this issue by "untick" this option for my colleague.

Thanks again to all of your help!

BTW: Latest version: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/AcrobatDC/1500920077/

Edwin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried click "Check for updates" manually, and it tells me "no update available". I checked Adobe FTP site also, there is not newer patch files.

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/Acrobat2015/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using the Classic track, not the Continuous track. I don't pretend to fully understand this, but I wonder if as a purchaser of a one time license you get the Classic track, and no updates.

Anyway, please answer my other question, since we no longer understand what the problem is that you are trying to solve, since you do not have tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines