Highlighted

How to remove Digital Signature

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to remove the digital signature that I created so I can edit the document.  When I right-click on my signature there is no option to clear the signature. 

Hi!

Hope you are doing well.

If you have forgotten the digital id password, then you can detach the digital id.

Navigate to Edit -> Preferences (Win), or Acrobat -> Preferences (Mac), then select Signatures -> Identities & Trusted Certificates -> More, Click on Digital ID Files, select the one you want to detach, and click Detach File. After that, you can delete the .pfx file.

AnandSri_0-1604493370822.png

AnandSri_1-1604493467168.png

Note:

You can delete only self-signed digital IDs that you created in Acrobat. A digital ID obtained from another provider cannot be deleted.

To know more about the Digital Ids, see this article: Manage Digital IDs

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Anand Sri,

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to remove the digital signature that I created so I can edit the document.  When I right-click on my signature there is no option to clear the signature. 

Hi!

Hope you are doing well.

If you have forgotten the digital id password, then you can detach the digital id.

Navigate to Edit -> Preferences (Win), or Acrobat -> Preferences (Mac), then select Signatures -> Identities & Trusted Certificates -> More, Click on Digital ID Files, select the one you want to detach, and click Detach File. After that, you can delete the .pfx file.

Note:

You can delete only self-signed digital IDs that you created in Acrobat. A digital ID obtained from another provider cannot be deleted.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Anand Sri,

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 04, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Hope you are doing well.

Note:

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Anand Sri,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 4