Highlighted

make default to attach PDF to an email

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this update, anytime I want to send a document it opens the share window and I have to go through 3 extra steps to get the document to attach to an email instead of sharing.  Please tell me there is a way around that and to set it to default that when I click the envelope it will let me set up to default to attach to an email.  I'm not finding it in any of the preferences.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

make default to attach PDF to an email

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this update, anytime I want to send a document it opens the share window and I have to go through 3 extra steps to get the document to attach to an email instead of sharing.  Please tell me there is a way around that and to set it to default that when I click the envelope it will let me set up to default to attach to an email.  I'm not finding it in any of the preferences.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2018 2
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just created a free tool that brings back the command to send the file with a single click...

You can find it here: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat / Reader 2019 - Quick File Send Button (FREE)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FCIS09,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused!

Could you please follow the steps in the below article to use the email icon to send PDF directly as email attachment.

Link : How to use the email icon to directly send file as attachment

Please let me know in case of any concerns.

Regards,

Arvind

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arvind,

I don't have admin credentials. Is there any way I can change the file registry manually? Thanks.

Regards,

Massimiliano

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too. Can't believe something as simple as an email button has been so overengineered. Give me an email with a paperclip icon and one with a chain link, if they want us to be able to do both, but I want to just click the attach to email button and the email opens up with the file attached. No extra clicks! Seems like I'm overreacting, but when you have to do a lot of emailing of PDF files, any bump in the road is a real annoyance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the tool I linked to above for a single click access to emailing the file...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This won't work for me. My office has blocked me from installing any software on my computer without admin credentials.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2020 0