Highlighted

Microsoft Edge Keeps Hijacking My .pdfs

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else had trouble with their Windows 10 machine resetting their default program for .pdfs to Microsoft Edge no matter how many times you tell it Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?  If so, have you found a fix or do I just have to "deal with it".  It's getting to be very frustrating -- some days I change it back a dozen times or more.  If anyone has any suggestions, I will be very grateful.  Thank you.

Topics

General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Microsoft Edge Keeps Hijacking My .pdfs

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else had trouble with their Windows 10 machine resetting their default program for .pdfs to Microsoft Edge no matter how many times you tell it Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?  If so, have you found a fix or do I just have to "deal with it".  It's getting to be very frustrating -- some days I change it back a dozen times or more.  If anyone has any suggestions, I will be very grateful.  Thank you.

Topics

General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
ls_rbls LATEST
Valorous Hero ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try the following work around through registry editing:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

and paste the following string value DisablePDFHandlerSwitching   then add 1 in the value field

idea taken from this link : https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AdminGuide/pdfviewer.html

pdf ownership-registry.png

If the method above doesn't work try these other steps:

https://appuals.com/how-to-disable-edge-pdf-viewer-in-windows-10/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF
Add a group