• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.mp4 won't play in interactive PDF.

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've got a REALLY SIMPLE PDF to show a client proof-of-concept for some social media content. One of the two videos in the presentation plays fine. No problem there. The other, however refuses to play. It's encoded the same way, I've switched out the file with other video files, and no matter what I do, it just sits there when opened in acrobat DC pro. It has that ugly loading bar just going at it like crazy, but it never actually plays the 11MB video file.

This happened just a few weeks ago with another presentation. All videos worked fine except one, and I was never able to resolve it. I'm getting frustrated and pretty upset about this, because video/animation content is my central role here and I'm burning a STUPID amount of time trying to fix what shouldn't even be an issue in the first place.

Why does one video work and the other doesn't????????????

It's not like I'm doing anything particularly complex. It's two small .mp4s. That's it. Screenshot 2018-02-13 13.48.13.pngScreenshot 2018-02-13 13.51.08.png

TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Try adding the video to the PDF in Acrobat rather than using InDesign. My guess is they'll play perfectly fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try adding the video to the PDF in Acrobat rather than using InDesign. My guess is they'll play perfectly fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. This is currently my best option, but don't I need to include the linked file with the PDF if I send to a client? Or will the video file be self-contained within the PDF when I save the changes from Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can either embed the video or link to the video. Either will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines