Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing a booklet

Participant ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a problem with printing a booklet using Adobe reader.

I have created a PDF file in InDesign from the "Print booklet" option in the file menu.

It is a simple 4 page brochure that is designed for a single piece of paper with printing on both sides.

When I open the PDF print settings in Acrobat Reader DC everything looks fine, both size, order and so on...

Layer 1.png

But as soon as I go to "Booklet" it shrinks my file to only cover half the size of the paper.

Layer 2.png

I have followed every step of this tutorial over and over: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/print-booklets-acrobat-reader.html

But nothing changes. It is still the same no matter what I do.

I have made sure that my paper size, and orientation is set correct, and more or less tried every possible settings available within the print window.
(Sorry it is in Danish, but A4 is the standard paper here, and "liggende" is the same as landscape)

Layer 3.png

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

/Per

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

1. Because the document is already formatted as a booklet, do NOT use booklet in Reader. Instead, select SIZE from the Page Sizing and Handling options.

2. In the next section, check the PRINT ON BOTH SIDES OF PAPER checkbox, and select the FLIP ON SHORT EDGE radio button.

3. Either AUTO PORTRAIT/LANDSCAPE or simply LANDSCAPE should both work in the orientation section.

I think that should work for you.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you use "Booklet" in Reader when you have already a booklet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanna print a booklet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use "Booklet" in Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I just print "normal" its printing page 2&3 upside down?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Because the document is already formatted as a booklet, do NOT use booklet in Reader. Instead, select SIZE from the Page Sizing and Handling options.

2. In the next section, check the PRINT ON BOTH SIDES OF PAPER checkbox, and select the FLIP ON SHORT EDGE radio button.

3. Either AUTO PORTRAIT/LANDSCAPE or simply LANDSCAPE should both work in the orientation section.

I think that should work for you.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still not working for me - it looks OK on the Print screen (2 pages per landscape sheet, side by side) but Print Preview then shows it as 2 small pages side by side at the top of a portrait sheet - and that's what I get out of the printer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also having an issue printing booklets in adobe reader dc. When I look at the format in reader, everything looks like it adds up, even on the preview

default50an1f5rjwe6_0-1613422105061.png

But when it gets printed out only hakf the page prints. And its weird because page in the series prints perfectly front and back, but its this page 2 front and back that is giving me issues in only printing half the booklet page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines