• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing Error Distiller Postscript

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am in Adobe, I am today not able to File Print to Adobe PDF printer. It looks like it is working, but instead of opening the completed PDF, it opens notepad and give me the following error message:

%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%

This PostScript file was created from an encrypted PDF file.

Redistilling encrypted PDF is not permitted.

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%

%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

I assume you mean that you are running Adobe Acrobat. You can't be “in Adobe!”   

Apparently, you tried to print to the Adobe PDF PostScript printer driver instance from Acrobat with a document that is protected. Acrobat Distiller does not allow you to remove protection by “refrying” the PDF file by distilling output PostScript. The PostScript error reflects this condition!

The method of removing protection is to go to the Document Properties (Ctrl-D) and select the Security tab, changing the Sec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you mean that you are running Adobe Acrobat. You can't be “in Adobe!”   

Apparently, you tried to print to the Adobe PDF PostScript printer driver instance from Acrobat with a document that is protected. Acrobat Distiller does not allow you to remove protection by “refrying” the PDF file by distilling output PostScript. The PostScript error reflects this condition!

The method of removing protection is to go to the Document Properties (Ctrl-D) and select the Security tab, changing the Security to No Security. This will likely require that you enter a password for the document.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually -- Dov's answer did not address the question.  I have nearly the same problem (in 2020) as reported by the OP (in 2016).  I am trying to print my gmail -- using the gmail print icon -- and my system defaults to Adobe PDF.  So there is no "Document Properties" involved, no Security option involved.  

I have the same problem trying to print other things from the Internet also.  No way to address "Secuirty" or "Document Properties" to my knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't distill secured PDF files period. 

And Gmail has nothing to do with how you set up your default PDF owner in your system.  Viewing and printing from Gmail's own PDF software has nothing to do with Adobe Acrobat Pro.  Do you actually  have an active Adobe Acrobat Pro DC paid subscription to begin with?

Using the printing method that you just described was clarified by Dov.

If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC installed  in your computer you should be able to right-click in your opened document and select "Document Properties" from the context menu.

Or simply click on "File" from the file menu, and select "Properties". This is how you check what the original document was created with and if it is secured or not .

See slides. 

The  dialogue box window that will open up next have different tabs. 

properties.png

See the Security tab?   That's what you need to be looking into.

properties2.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines