• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"com.apple.webkit.plugin.64 want to use your confidential information"

Engaged ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this happening in Safari 11 (since the upgrade)? How can I get rid of this annoying plug-in pop-up (frequently occurs)?

Thanks

Using Acrobat DC Pro Build: 17.12.20098.240878 OS X

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Hi all,

Please note that we have released a patch today that should mitigate the repeated pop-up issue for most configurations. However, there are a few leftover cases for which we are actively working with Apple to address them.

This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/acrobat-dc-november-29-2017.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Someone help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the answer may be to go to Preferences/Security/Websites and turn on Adobe Flash Player (always on, so it never asks).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Hopefully that works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it. Open Keychain access, find the one corresponding to "

v4.services.acrobat.com

and change permissions under Access Control to "Allow all..."

I think that does it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing! Hopefully that works. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work     Ugh - technology!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup Not working. Is there an MVP out there who can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I tried granting Safari permanent access. That didn't work, so now I'm trying this. Really hope it works because THIS IS MADDENING.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked only short term. After some hours or a day or two, it always goes back to "Confirm before . . ." without any intervention from the user or notification. Far as responsibility, Adobe is a trusted actor on MacOS, with special privileges to do things and place things in locations that other devs are not allowed. If one of their installed services is trying to communicate with them over the web, it's their responsibility to fix the issue, regardless of whether a change made by Apple caused it to come up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MADDENING is the politest word you could use.

It's driving me F-ing crazy.

Seems to be every ten minutes or so.

I'm seriously considering deleting Acrobat from my MacBook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While this fixes the problem, I doubt if this is the safest way.

A more strict policy would be to allow access from this process:

/System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.WebKit.Plugin.64.xpc

, after which it would look like this:

v1blbd+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is only a temporary fix. Had the popup return for the first time since doing this just now as a matter of fact.

ADOBE THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED N O W ! ! ! !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had a very unsatisfactory chat session with an adobe agent about this. They blame it on apple, told me to contact them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this popup also. Please fix this Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, have tried all the fixes. The prompt still returns. Hey Apple, Adobe, somebody help keep my sanity!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I may have stumbled upon a better solution. It's been two days now with no popups. In Safari Preferences, I found these two gems and unchecked them. Fingers crossed.

Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 20.09.51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't hold your breath, I did this four hours ago.

Still popping up.  It is quite random.

Actually just done as I typed...

It's like, it is mocking me.Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 01.23.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been several days now since I just disabled the Adobe plugins in Safari on two different Macs. I have not seen the popup again since. I don't need the Adobe plugins anyway, since Safari natively handles PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Since disabling the Safari extensions as I detailed here, I have not had any more trouble with this popup on any of my Macs.

The extensions are not really even needed. Safari can view PDFs without it. If one wants to open a PDF they are viewing in Safari in Acrobat, it's a simple as mousing toward the bottom of the page and clicking the Open PDF button that appears. If Acrobat is set as your default PDF reader on your Mac, the PDF opens in Acrobat. Honestly, I'm not even sure what functionality the Acrobat extensions in Safari are intended to enable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is this an Adobe forum monitored by Adobe staff or just a place to vent? Why hasn't anyone from Adobe commented or offered any solutions? Even if it's just a "we know it's an issue and we're working on it" would be better than this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I followed the instructions that are listed in the Acrobat preferences on "How to set up your browser to use Adobe products to view PDF documents"...it's essentially the same things that the previous few suggestions have made, but, with one small difference, (at least that I can discern from the screenshots).

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 10.11.46 AM.png

...all the options need to be set to 'ON'...the 'Currently Open Websites' is irrelevant to the 'ON' setting...you need to make sure the 'When visiting other websites' is 'ON'...

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 10.09.53 AM.png

I have thus far not experienced the incessant pop-up issue...may work for some of you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what you suggested, but was still greeted with that same dialog the next day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Apology for the trouble you have been facing. We are getting this keychain popup due to some architectural changes in Safari. To fix this I would request you to enter your password and click on  'Always Allow' (Don't hit Enter).  This will allow 'com.apple.Webkit.Plugin.64.xpc’ to get added to the list of 'Allowed applications' for 'v4.services.acrobat.com'.

Hope this helps.Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 10.52.18 AM.png

Regards

Soumik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines