• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-install Acrobat 9 pro in Windows 10

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Acrobat for years.  I've paid for version 5, upgrade 6 and upgrade 9 pro.  In the normal course of things the 9 pro was updated with Adobe's latest.  But I want to go back to version 9 pro.  With versions 5,6 & 9 uninstalled, my plan was to reinstall 5, then the upgrade for 6 and finally the upgrade for 9 pro.  Unfortunately, Windows 10 pro 64 doesn't want to allow version 5 install to run.  It starts then dies.  I've used several of the compatibility modes without success.  Is there any way to do this? 

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

You should know that Acrobat 9 is a very old version (not to mentioned 5 or 6...), and not compatible with Windows 10, so problems with it are to be expected. If you do want to install it, though, you don't need to install the previous versions, but you do need to know their serial numbers and enter them when prompted to by the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should know that Acrobat 9 is a very old version (not to mentioned 5 or 6...), and not compatible with Windows 10, so problems with it are to be expected. If you do want to install it, though, you don't need to install the previous versions, but you do need to know their serial numbers and enter them when prompted to by the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the numbers and will try the installer for upgrade 9 pro.  When I tried this with version 6 upgrade it requested the original disk for 5 to read and continue, I did get the front screens from 5, but 6 upgrade wouldn't read it and wouldn't go any further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked, loaded the 9 pro, gave it the number and it installed.  It's running as advertised.  Thanks appreciate the hint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the disc I own if like new but won't reinstall ACROBAT 9 PRO.  I have the serial number where can I download it? 

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe removed old links from public view https://theblog.adobe.com/changes-to-creative-cloud-download-availability

-also read https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-limits-software-downloads.html

How to get a previous version... Read reply #10 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2620448

-Also read https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

-And https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-downloaded-file-app.html

-OR... Go to https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

-click on the Chat bot on the bottom right hand corner of the first screen

--the chat bot is the circle with a funny looking box with 3 dots inside

-click on Downloading or Installing, then type Agent

Do NOT let the support agent tell you to come to the forums for help... no user in a public forum has access to Adobe's internal links, you MUST obtain the program and update links from Adobe support

AND when you finally do have a download link, be sure to copy every file you download to an external drive (or 2 or 3) so you never have to hunt for download links if they are moved again... also make a text file containing ALL of your serial numbers and copy that file as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice Adobe wants everyone to "upgrade" to their new, subscription, versions.  They are forcing Adobe accounts on people so they can track you and your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one's forcing you to do anything. If you want to stick with your old, unsupported version, you're free to do so. Just keep in mind that issues with it are to be expected. And what's wrong with Adobe wanting to make sure that the people who use their software do so legitimately?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is with how Adobe implement their subscription schemes. My company has about 30 users. To put the monthly subscription fee for all 30 licenses to 1 single invoice, the only option is to go with the "Team" plan. However, the Team plan is an annual plan, so we cannot reduce the number of subscriptions when someone quits. That is, once a license is added to the plan, it has to stick for an entire year until the annual renewal date. Early cancellation won't save any money because Adobe won't reduce the charge until the next renewal date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like a small price to pay for the convenience of having an up-to-date and supported license, but that's your decision to make.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sound like a complete moron.

You dont need adobe updated just like you dont need annual plans 99.9% of the time. Are you new to the IT industry?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old versions work perfectly fine. Every company I manage uses 8 and 9 so the upgrades are unnecessary other then Adobe trying to profit more. They can keep profiting on people who use their products in other avenues. You're seriously clueless.

Its no different then TeamViewer not needed upgraded when the old 10 version works fine for the business needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And there new versions are a bunch of CRAP!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"There" new versions??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines