• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rhino to 3d pdf

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is necessary for me to generate 3d PDF files from 3d CAD files (specifically .3dm and .3ds). I've read about the new version of Acrobat DC being able to open 3D pdf files but I can't figure it out. Does anyone have any idea about how best to move cross platform from the above file types into 3d PDF? Any solutions or suggestions would be great! Thanks.

TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2016 Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Rhino?

If yes, you can export your Rhino files to 3D PDF with this plug-in for Rhino: http://www.datakit.com/cad-convertors/rhino-to-pdf-3d/1784-rhino-3d-to-pdf-3d.html

If not, you can also convert 3dm files to 3DPDF with CrossManager (http://www.datakit.com/en/cross_manager.php​), but the plug-in is less expensive than the CrossManager.

For 3ds files, you can import it in Rhino (if you have it), and then export it to 3DPDF with the plug-in.

Then, when you will have converted your files in 3DPDF, you can open it with Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat. What did you not understand on this point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Félix1, thanks for your help. as far as I can tell both of those applications, the plugin and the standalone, are for Windows. I probably should have mentioned that I run a Mac. I can always run Parallels if I need to I suppose. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, yes... The plug-in For Rhino only works on Rhino for Windows.

But there is a command line version of CrossManager that works on Mac.

You should contact the company if you want to try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aubin,

Jordan here from Tech Soft 3D. Our end user product line, Tetra4D, generates 3D PDF files from Rhino as well as over 20 other CAD applications. 3D PDF files created using our technology are highly compressed and can include precise geometry, in addition to other features.

Visit: www.Tetra4d.com/converter for more information.

You can check it out by installing a free 28 day trial for any of our products, including Acrobat Pro. Feel free to send me a PM [email removed to eliminate spam] with any questions.

Thanks,

Jordan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Aubin,

If you have any version of Cinema 4D R17 then you could also use 4D Publish. Just import the 3ds file into Cinema 4D then export out as a pdf file. It works on both Mac and Windows.

www.4dpublish.com

If you have any questions you can email me a PM [email removed to eliminate spam]

Best Regards,

Kent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines