• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save As Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Save As function does not work in Adobe Acrobat 2017 Pro using Safari.  it also does not allow me to save a combine file Binder.  How do I fix this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Save As in Acrobat is on the File menu. However, to fix your problem, go to Acrobat > Preferences, and look in the "General" category. Turn OFF "Show online storage when saving files".

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us exactly what happens when you choose Save As.

Also, you can no longer use Acrobat with Safari on current Mac OS, what Safari version do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Safari version 12.0.3. 

I am in an Adobe Acrobat pdf file (not the website) and I select Save As from the drop down menu in the Safari tool bar, a blank dialog box appears that has Save As in the title, but the entire dialog box is blank.

When I combine pdf files, the combined file is titled Binder 1.  I hit Save in the Safari tool bar or Save on the Adobe software, I get the same dialog box where the title is Save As and the dialog box is blank.

There is no Save As function in the Adobe Acrobat software anywhere that I can see, even on the Adobe tool bar or in any of the program menus such as Edit File or Organize Document.

Then I left click in the Adobe software toolbar and there is an option for Show File Tools, so I select it and there is no Save As function at all.

I didn't have this problem with my Adobe Acrobat 2015.  Why did I bother to upgrade again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save As in Acrobat is on the File menu. However, to fix your problem, go to Acrobat > Preferences, and look in the "General" category. Turn OFF "Show online storage when saving files".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that worked.  As usual, Adobe is completely nonintuitive, and this feature makes no sense.  But it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too. Remeber to click the "OK" button after unchecking the box. When I first tried I forgot to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A winner. So refreshing to find an answer that simply works! Many thanks. (I was in Windows 10, latest Acrobat DC, and compiled a binder file and when I tried to save it (really Save As, because a binder acts as an unnamed document), the Save As window came up but blank and sat there. This solution fixed it completely and immediately. I bow to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This same error came up in Acrobat V 2022.003.20258 and the solution still works! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly makes no sense. It's an old problem, been going on for years, and quite unconscionable that it isn't resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. And solved. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and the fix did NOT work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linda,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

Could you please confirm the application version currently installed on the machine?

Also, share the OS version on the machine.

Please try re-installation of the application. Use the Acrobat Cleaner tool to remove the  application from here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html

Reboot the machine after the uninstallation, then install Acrobat: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/download-install-acrobat-subscription.html

Sign-in to the applicaiton and try saving any PDF file.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much...it turned out to be [my] User error. I had unchecked the wrong box. All good now. Thanks again!

LY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same problem also, but unchecking that box in the menu solved it.  Thanks for the post and the fix!!

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, which has never happened before.

Bu unchecking that box solved the issue.

Why would it just happen all of a sudden ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several coworkers on 2021.007.20095 are having the same issue.  We applied this "fix" and they are able to save to network storage.  We utilize SharePoint accounts and these are now unavailable.  This is not a good solution for those that utilize online storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not good enough. The save as dialog when offline storage is disabled does not show recent location where PDF have been saved. Why is the dialog box blank?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution worked even though it is very un-intuitive.  But I'm glad to have it working.

jb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines