• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

smart source coupons print too small to read

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Adobe to print off smart source coupons for years with no problem. One coupon would be the size of roughly half of a piece of letter size paper. Starting a few months ago, the coupon would print the size of a business card. Too small to read and too small for any store to take. Why is this? I have uninstalled adobe, java and even tried a different browser from internet explorer to fire fox but nothing has worked. I have not changed my printer, nor settings on my desktop. I read one post about the same issue but the response she/ he was given did not do anything to solve my issue.

This bites.

If there are no answers to this from the experts, can someone please advise me of a different program I can use that will print documents and coupons off like adobe once did? I'm really frustrated and running out of paper fast as I attempt to solve the issue on my own. So far, no luck.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Hi,

Could you please share the screenshot of the printer preferences screen?

You may follow the steps suggested in the link below for the same:

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot 

Also, try to open a sample pdf, select your printer under "Printer" and set "Page Sizing & Handling" setting to "Fit" and print the page, then try printing SmartSource coupon and see it prints fine.

Below is the screenshot:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi amys74251855,

Assuming you have Windows OS installed on the computer,  could you please try changing printer's settings and see if that works?

1- Click Start menu>Control Panel>Devices and Printers

2- Select your physical printer>right-click and select Printing preferences

3- Search for an option called Page size, try to toggle the setting- Actual size/Scale to fit.

Please confirm the Operating System running on the machine.

Which application are you using to print the coupons-Acrobat Reader/Adobe Acrobat?

Have you tried printing other pdfs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't have the option of picking fit to size for my printer. When I go to printer preferences it asks for portrait or landscape and letter or legal. The only time I can pick fit to page is with a document. For coupons smart source just goes to adopt reader and automatically prints the coupon.

My computer is windows 8.1.

Acrobat Reader acrobat DC is the program that pops up when smart source directs it to

I don't have issues printing normal size documents. It prints just fine. I only have issues printing coupons.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please share the screenshot of the printer preferences screen?

You may follow the steps suggested in the link below for the same:

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot 

Also, try to open a sample pdf, select your printer under "Printer" and set "Page Sizing & Handling" setting to "Fit" and print the page, then try printing SmartSource coupon and see it prints fine.

Below is the screenshot:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have experienced this annoying problem.  I tried updating the Adobe Software (no updates were available), updating my printer drivers...nothing worked.  When I print coupons from SmartSource.ca, I'm not given any print options to change...I can either print it or not, which has made troubleshooting difficult.

So this morning, I simply opened a PDF document, and noticed that the last PDF I had printed was set to print at 89% size, not 100%.  When I changed this to 100% and removed the Fit option as shown above, my coupons started to print at normal size again.

Adobe...it would be really nice if users were given print options when printing coupons from SmartSource (maybe some have them, but I certainly don't).  When I try to print SmartSource coupons, I'm prompted with a "Adobe wants to print this document.  Yes/No."  And those are the only options I can choose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe can't change this web site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines