• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Box Tool - remove border?

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on an online-application. Have downloaded it to my hard drive and am filling in blanks using Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro. Typewriter typically but for a large area of lots of typing I want to use a text box. How do I remove the bold red border?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

You can show the Properties Bar by pressing Ctrl+E. Then select the text box and you should see where you can change the border color and/or remove it by setting the border to nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can show the Properties Bar by pressing Ctrl+E. Then select the text box and you should see where you can change the border color and/or remove it by setting the border to nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant! That worked, thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add a border to fillable text box and cannot... please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want help you need to provide more details about the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I have Adobe DC Pro. On a Mac.

I am creating a fillable pdf form, and I have included text boxes, using the little button with a letter and box around it.

I have created them them and then double clicked to get into preferences and chose the box that showed colour and had beside it border style and line size. Choosing colour only defaulted to no colour, border line size is greyed out and not selectable.

Cannot OT for the life of me add a border around the boxes.

What i I am looking for is a border around boxes so that when form is complete whether digital or print, there is a noticeable space where text should/could be or is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug of Acrobat DC on Mac systems. Make sure you update to the latest version.

If that doesn't solve it the only solution (short of waiting for Adobe to solve this issue, finally), is to use a script, like this one I've developed: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Mass Edit Fields Properties

Since it doesn't rely on the OS's dialogs but uses its own interface, it's not affected by this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way around the border thing on the Mac that I have found (simple way) is to color the border with the same color that the field is sitting on.  If you want to add a border, then put another box behind the first box (slightly larger) and color the bigger one black (or whatever color you want.  A drag, to be sure, but a way around it.  You can also then "create multiple copies of the field in the back, then do the same thing with the one in the front and move them over the ones in the back as a group.  Then drag them around as needed.  This also has them renamed (if your settings are that way) which saves a boatload of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To remove the border from a text box tool, you typically need to access the formatting options within the tool itself. Look for settings related to border or outline and set them to "none" or "transparent." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You for Providing Such information

Digital marketer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines