Copied

Hi Adobe,

Adobe illustrator produced PDF, in the PDF, there is double hit, see
below 2 files, the text "REPREVE® Unifi, Inc." is printed twice using 2 WHITE
colors.
(doublehit.PNG attached)
(1-265402-000-03_FSV.pdf attached)

There is trapping issue reported by end user
(trapping_issue_found_in_Export_PDF.PNG)
The trapping is done by ESKO, please find the file after trapping(Export_P1L1S1.pdf attached)

ESKO checked and replied that it is because
the text is not aligned perfectely and it is Adobe issue.
(notaligned.png)

But our Product artist mentioned that the text is input in illustrator,
they use copy and paste function to duplicate the text.

Would you help have a look if the text(REPREVE®
Unifi, Inc.) is misaligned in 1-265402-000-03_FSV.pdf?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

add another screenshot:text not aligned.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the two instances of spot white type are not in the exact same position. (see attached)

If you did not change the spot whites to blue (I assume so you can see them more clearly) they probably would not have trapped in Esko (you don't want them to trap, unless they are on a rich black background, where you would want the 3C to spread back). Also, the named white spot colors inks can be assigned a property in Esko to prevent trapping (I can't recall the property at the moment, but it's something like "Key color").

Type offset.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Luke for checking.

I think we changed the white color to blue in order to let process engineer see them clearly.

And we have other seanarils that the white color needs to be trapped so in ESKO we currently can't assign the property to the color.

Actually we want to ask this :   if the text are alligned perfectely, there will be no issue at all. So do you have any idea why the text are not alligned perfectly? PA told me that they use copy and paste function in illustrator to duplicate the text.  Appreciate your help!

And a small question : what is 3C ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3C is short for 3 Color (CMY), the white type would be "sharp" on the black plate and "fat" on the CMY plates, to keep the color from creeping into the white type due to press misregistration, when white type is on a rich black background.

You would want to copy & paste in front in Illustrator, instead of copy & paste, but I suspect something was accidently clicked on, which caused it to move. It could also be an Align to pixel grid issue, do a search over in the Illustrator forum to read more about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luke,

Our product artist confirmed they use "copy & paste in front" in Illustrator.  And it is not moved accidently.  

To replicate this issue, our product artist helped created another PDF. 

It doesn't allow me to add PDF in this reply, so I added the PDF(2hits test-CC17.pdf) in the post.

Open the PDF, and only select "2X WHITE" color. The PDF will look like below, would you please help check if this is one issue in Illustrator and is there any way to solve?

Capture_20200512.PNG

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your test PDF shows the 2 instances of type in the exact same position. (checked in Illustrator)

I don't know what caused the original error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Luke help us check this issue!

We want to know how to solve the issue so I have raised one idea/bug in Adobe. Hope there will be any update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Luke,

Thank you for helping checking this issue.

Would you please let me know if any one else from Adobe can help check this issue  or  can reply below bug?

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/40431316--copy-paste-in...

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines