• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to digitally sign PDF

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF document that others in my office are able to sign, and I was able to sign using another vendor's PDF software.  I installed Adobe Reader DC and have been unable to sign this document.

1. The form is currently unsigned.

2. Reader tells me it is a form with fillable form fields, and I am able to enter text into the form fields.

3. When checking the form properties, under the security tab, it says there is no security, then further down says signing is NOT allowed.

Why is it not allowed in Adobe Reader DC, but it IS allowed in other vendor's software (such as Foxit)?  How can I change this so signing IS allowed?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

--J

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Hi JNett,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue when trying to sign a pdf using Reader, is that correct?

It seems the pdf has document restrictions enabled, which require you to supply the permission password to change the permissions (to allow signing) for the pdf.  This can be done in Adobe Acrobat. Reader doesn't have this functionality. 

Could you confirm dot version of Reader and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JNett,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue when trying to sign a pdf using Reader, is that correct?

It seems the pdf has document restrictions enabled, which require you to supply the permission password to change the permissions (to allow signing) for the pdf.  This can be done in Adobe Acrobat. Reader doesn't have this functionality. 

Could you confirm dot version of Reader and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Reader: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Does this happen with this specific pdf? Have you tried signing other pdfs?

Also, would it be possible to share the pdf file you are working with to replicate the issue at our end? To share the file here in the forums, refer to the steps given in this link: How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

You may also share the link for the pdf via private message - How Do I Send Private Message

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello together, 
I'm new in this community. 

We have created some forms with Adobe Adobe  LiveCycle Designer 11.0 and SAP system is distributing them as active PDF files which customer can sign with a pencil on the laptop and send back. This works.

If this active PDF is opened on mobile phones (iPhone oder Android operating system) is is not not posible to open the files and to sign them. 

On the mobile phones we get the following error message:

To view he full content of this document, you need a later version of the PDF viewer.

You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader from www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

But we have deinstalled Acrobat reader on the mobile phone an installed latest version of Acrobat reader. Did not help, we still the same error message.

Any ideas what to do. What is the difference between a laptop and a mobile phone as on first it works and on second it does not?

Kind regards
Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The best way to digitally sign a PDF is to use Adobe Acrobat Pro Dc. It keeps online records of every single file and you can password-protect them as per your requirement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines