• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to process the page because the Paper Capture recognition service experienced an error. (6)

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to process a text recognition on multi-page pdf documents (about 50 pages scanned with a document scanner), after some pages this error message appears: "Unable to process the page because the Paper Capture recognition service experienced an error. (6)"
Acrobat version: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, version 2020.009.20065,

OS version: Win 10 pro 2004 / Win 10 pro 1909

It was working about two months ago. Now when I run the text recognition on the same documents it worked with 2 months ago, I get this error.

Adobe support could not help me, they suspect that the content (the scanned pdf documents) are the reason for this problem.

Does anyone know about this or is there a solution for this problem?

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Try going to Tools, Page, Split Document, and break up into smaller documents.

Then when OCR'ing, instead of taking one document, take the option to OCR multiple documents.

I am assuming this would save and close each document before starting the next, and not exhaust the memory. 

Then combine them into one document. Perhaps if you save as a reduced size pdf it would then also combine the different font files.

God bless.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble and the delay in response. AS described you are getting the error 'Unable to process the page because the Paper Capture recognition service experienced an error'

Please try the steps provided in the help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/acrobat-could-access-recognition-service.html and see if that works

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the steps described in the link, without success.
Problem is still unsolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed today that the memory used by Adobe Acrobat DC (32 bit) increases continuously during text recognition. When the used memory reaches the value 3169.7 MB, the error message appears and the text recognition is stopped. Sometimes this happens on page 18, sometimes on page 50. When I restart the text recognition while the file is open, the error message appears on page 1. It is pretty clear to me that the reason for the problem is the high amount of used memory. Who can help me here?

task manager - acrobat DC.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to Tools, Page, Split Document, and break up into smaller documents.

Then when OCR'ing, instead of taking one document, take the option to OCR multiple documents.

I am assuming this would save and close each document before starting the next, and not exhaust the memory. 

Then combine them into one document. Perhaps if you save as a reduced size pdf it would then also combine the different font files.

God bless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do I disable page recognition altogether its a hindrance not a help.  I want to stop it - it is rotaing images tha tI need un-rotated.  It's terribly frustrating - so all I need to know is how to disable page recognition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...worked for me.

Just wondering, though, why doesn't the install process just do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines