Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use of Perpetual License of Adobe Acrobat Pro XI

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Forum members.

I have a Perpetiual Lincense of Adobe Acrobat Pro XI (yes, paid for it !!).  Unfortunately when I loaded a Trail student version of Creartive Cloud  for do a TAFE Qld short course, the software is blocked from starting up after I finished the course and cancelled Creative Cloud.

How do I get to use my Adobe Acrobat Pro XI again.

Creative Cloud seems to be wanting to check my license but keeps whirring away.

I tried to delete Creative Cloud as per instructions but to no avail.

This has been going opn for months.

The software is important so I can use password protection to send sensitive information.

It forces me to send PDFs without password protection.

The way it seems to work feels a bit like a subscription ransomware to me.

I did eventually get onto some-one (from Adobe?) who said they would remote access onto my PC.

I did not want to take the risk. Not sAdobe staff.

All I want to do is to backup or edit information as a PDF, and to be able to use when in areas without Internet (yes they exist), or wihout using expensive data accounts..

It seems to me.

I buy a perpetual license on that basis.

It works.

I load trial software /student software for a short 6 week course .

When I finally do not need it for practice after the course I cancel the subscription.

The perpetual license software will not start up.

I go to contact some-one all avenues to communicate are blocked. State that it is notr supported.

What happened to use of my full license.

When did perpetual license stop being a perpetual license, with significant blocking of all avenues to resolve my issue.

I would like this fixed so I can access the software.,or a full refund to buy an alternative product that offers a perpetual license.

Have I missed any previous coverage of this issue which has the appearance of blocking all perpetual licenses and forcing people to buy a subscription license.

Is there an easy fix?

Regards / Thankyou

Tom

I would like to copy the contents of this comment as a PDF but can't at the moment.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstal everything (including the Acrobat XI if still installed) and use the CC-Cleaner (Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems ) to remove all traces of the installation.
Install the original Acrobat XI and reapply your serial.
You may have some trouble reinstalling if your OS is not one of the supported OSes as described by Acrobat XI. In that case report back and hopefully someone has a solution.
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Abambo,

Thanks for the quick response.

Doing another short course, just started. Will reuse Creative Cloud Illustrator with 2 months subscription.

Is there any way to stop problems later on with Adobe Acrobat Pro XI in 2 months when I finish the course.

Thanks

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines