• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Converting jpeg files - why?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2014 Dec 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does Adobe convert all my jpeg files to pdf?  That includes all my photographs, everything.  How do I stop this and how do I convert my files back to their original status?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi fomf,

That's perplexing! Can you please tell me a bit more? Did you recently subscribe to one of the Acrobat online services or download Adobe Reader?

It sounds like the filename association for JPEG files has become confused, and your operating system thinks it should open JPEG files with Adobe Reader. Is that what's happening? If so, you can reset the filename association easily. Are you on Mac OS or Windows? Let us know, and we'll point you in the right direction for resolving that confusion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fomf,

That's perplexing! Can you please tell me a bit more? Did you recently subscribe to one of the Acrobat online services or download Adobe Reader?

It sounds like the filename association for JPEG files has become confused, and your operating system thinks it should open JPEG files with Adobe Reader. Is that what's happening? If so, you can reset the filename association easily. Are you on Mac OS or Windows? Let us know, and we'll point you in the right direction for resolving that confusion.

Best,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2014 Dec 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sara

That was the problem and is now resolved.  I was terrified, having lost a whole lot of my data and pictures due to a rubbish cloud backup from some dumbo's called Cleverbridge, I know thought I was losing what I had recovered by having them converted into pdf's. And this was because, with the new Adobe that I purchased there was cloud something or another (that I am avoiding) and ....... Anyway, it's all resolved and I can relax again.  Thanks so much.

Kind regards

Douglas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2014 Dec 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Douglas,

Glad to hear that all is OK!

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, but do not see an answer to resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's most likely just a file-type association issue. What's your OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources