• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message “Please wait… if this message is not eventually replaced…”

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I have seen this post come up a few times and there is never a good response for smartphone iOS users. Let's try to get a straight answer. 

when I receive an email with some PDF attachments I get the message "Please Wait, if this message isn't eventually replaced...."

On iOS using either the native mail app or outlook there is no way to save it. You tap the attachment, or with the iOS native app it downloads automatically and this is all that comes up. 

So, can this be corrected?  

and again for complete clarity there is NO option to download the attachment first. When I do save it it is already stuck with this error message 

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brad,

Thank you for reaching out.

If this issue occurs with some of the documents, they are dynamic PDFs that cannot be viewed on the mobile application. You will need the desktop application to open those types of PDFs.

Please refer to the following help document for more information: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/pdf-won-t-display-please-wait/td-p/4788543.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info. A lot of things in business are changing.  I don't even have a laptop or PC anymore. I use a tablet (iPad) and smartphone. 

I think it's time to recognize that a lot of people are changing hardware. Traditional desktop computers are almost completely gone in my organization, and the move to tablets is underway for many. 

functionality across devices for PDF forms is absolutely essential.  This issue has come up over the past few years. If it's not addressed, someone will create a program that will eventually solve the problem. 20 years ago people thought Word Perfect was untouchable....  look what happened to them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources