• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I edit a PDF document that I have converted to Word?

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I edit a PDF document that I have converted to a Word document?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

If you are converting the pdf with https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf, download the exported .docx file, open it in word, and start editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monica,

Please elaborate your issue. Are you facing any specific challenges in editing the word document after conversion from .pdf format.

Regards,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can edit PDF files (to a certain extent) using Acrobat.

The "normal" way is to edit the original document, then convert it again to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are converting the pdf with https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf, download the exported .docx file, open it in word, and start editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I receive a weekly Worship bulletin from my church.  It comes in PDF...I export to Word where the font opens at 33...!   I can always reduce font on everything.   But the format?....I delete out some things...save paper...and single space some things that are double...I move things closer together...etc.  With duplex printing, I can make 28 pages into 14...doubled of course. so 7 sheets of paper.   But:  I spend hours and hours and hours...!!!....trying to get it to ptint out on letter size paper.   I cannot seem to delete out all thos new blank pages and the printer then previews all in legal size...which will not work with my settings...nor with my need.

I know I am missing some easy trick but I cannot have this intense frustration any longer.   We can get it into a 'booklet ' but the hymns are too tiny to read.   There are a couple of reasons that we prefer the letter size.... And I must add the hymns by themselves in Print Special...picture....usually 7 or more songs...also frustrtating.   Any input for me here?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what is your input,Maitlo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have converted pdf files to word using ADOBE EXPORT which I have subscribed to today. Unfortunately I cannot edit the content of the new word files. I can only select blocks of type. I want to select and copy individual sections of text for incorporation into a new document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been some changes to the procedure since the original post in 2015 (it's now 2024). Here's an updated method:

1. Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat.

2.  Select File / Export / and choose Microsoft Word Document (not Word 97-2003 which is an ancient file format) or RTF (generic text format). Save the exported version to your computer.

3. Open the exported .DOCX or .RTF in MS Word or any other word processor you have. It should give you fully editable live text that you can now edit and format as you wish.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been able to open it to Word...but then, Word does not allow me to edit ?   It used to....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Step #2 above creates either a .docx file or .rtf, standard word processing files that can be opened in any word processor, such as MS Word.

Are you exporting to .DOCX or .RTF?

And are you doing File / Open and selecting the file from your word processor?

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources