• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document.

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I am getting when I try to open any PDF files,  "If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document." I have an Adobe PDF package, so don't know why it is not working

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

You need to use Adobe software. Your browser (such as Chrome or FireFox) can't do this. Download the PDF file, open it in Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use Adobe software. Your browser (such as Chrome or FireFox) can't do this. Download the PDF file, open it in Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downloaded the file from Whatsapp. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but opening the downloaded file on Adobe Reader or Pro DC doesn't work. The person who filled in these files (forms) can open them on his laptop Adobe reader. So bizarre. Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screen shot which shows this message in the Acrobat/Reader window. (Show the whole window, not just the message). Also, if you download the PDF file you must DOWNLOAD it not use other tricks like print-to-PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem too. Can someone please help? Here is a screenshot. I followed all instructions to download the file, open Adobe Reader, then open the file. Others can open the same file successfully.

Scott5C47_0-1606066882287.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, let's look at how you downloaded the file. What browser do you use, and what steps do you follow, step by step, to download the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting...I downloaded it again from a different browser and now it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It seems to be a bug with Adobe PDF. I use both PDF reader and PDF pro updated to the latest version of CC and nothing. Same dumb message. I've seen threats everywhere so the probme is massive. What a waste. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How have you downloaded the PDF file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources