• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In my combined file what I type on one page changes the text on a previous page.

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a job application that has only one page available for previous work experience. I combined my completed application with an additional page three with different work  information on it. After it was combined and I tried to edit the application, the information on the original page three was changed to the information I entered on the added page three. How do I get the page I added in the combined file to be an individual page four that I can enter data on and not change what I have on page three. I can't even figure out how to change the page numbers before I actually combine the documents into a new document.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Are you entering the text into a text field? If so, there's probably another field with the same name on the other page, which means it will automatically have the same value as the one you're editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you entering the text into a text field? If so, there's probably another field with the same name on the other page, which means it will automatically have the same value as the one you're editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured that was the problem. Is there any way around it or do I have to invest in a more expensive Adobe product or service to accomplish getting an additional page three into this job application as page four?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You simply need to rename the fields. That can be done with any version of Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Adobe PDF pack. When I click on edit, it takes me to purchase Adobe Acrobat DC.  So am I correct in assuming that I can't do this changing with the PDF pack?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be aware that many PDF forms, perhaps most, are processed by "robots" (automated software). If your application is processed in this way, your new additions will be completely lost. You'd *hope* a job application is printed and read by humans but I don't think you can assume it. Better to condense to fit in the provided space. It also shows how much time they plan to allow for reviewing each application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't know if it's relevant to you, but for the benefit of people reading this in the future I'll add a little more. Adding more pages is strongly advised against, for instance this page says "most hiring managers I know would automatically disqualify you for doing so!". That's from https://www.themuse.com/advice/how-to-add-experience-to-your-resume-without-adding-a-page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources