• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Information entered is jumbled up and overlapping other lines - Fill & Sign on iOS

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the app to fill out forms that are work related.  When I send the document to the printer the information entered is jumble up and over lapping other lines.  I was able to determine the problem is definitely in the app and not involving the printer.  It has the same issue when saving the document to a file.  Any suggestions?

[Title renamed by the moderator]

TOPICS
Fill and sign

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue in the exact same way. I discovered because I got a few mails rejected by my boss. Please fix it!!! I have the problem specifically with full name and last names 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thanks for reporting this.

We would like to know some more information from you-

1- Exact version of Application? https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

2- OS you are working on?

3- A sample pdf, or screenshot would work. How about testing with same with different file?

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akanchha

1. Version 19.04.00 
2 iOS 13.1.3 (17A878)
3. cant post it here as it has sensitive information but i assure you i tried SEVERAL times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app version is 19.4.0 and the OS version is iPadOS 13.1.3

i am attaching what is typed and how it is stored or sent to the printer.  It was great at first but immediately started having problems after the last 2 updates which cane in close together.

MikeC51BAF41-24A4-4E0F-BBE5-FB0B7C30E25F.jpeg1187FB25-9D16-4070-96FC-11BD7004BC18.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is common for all files.  I'm not sure if others are having this same issue.  I am starting to look for other options.  This app is very intuitive and user friendly.  However, I can't use it if it continues to scramble my documents.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

Are you using Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile app or Fill & Sign app to complete the the form? To whom did you send the form or is it you opening the filled form?

Have you checked with the different form?

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAVE NOT SEND NO EMAIL NOR GMAIL OR A RESPOND MITE BE SOMEONE ELSE BUT NOT ME SORRY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, myself along it's 15 other employees use the adobe fill & sign app for time sheets and are having the same issue, in the app it is fine but as soon as we try to email it it pops up as a mess.
This has only started since the new iOS updates have been done. Is there an update for this app coming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if any work is being done to overcome this problem

I to will have to find another app 

it is especially frustrating, when it happens just after you pay for the pro version of Adobe Pro for the laptop, after being impressed with the iPad Fill and Sign app.

I was using iOS 13-1 when the problem started, I have also updated to the latest  iOS 13-2 to see if there is an improvement 

But alas no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Fill & Sign to fill out forms.  When I try to save them in my files on my iPad it gets jumbled up.  I have not tried sending them to anyone, only trying to save them at this point.  My goal is to print them out for clients to review but currently it is a waste of time.  I would really like to use the app and it worked beautifully before the last updates were installed.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem, when I print it, email it or save it to files, this seemed happened since the new apple upgrade  on my IPad 

have you had any contact from adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using this adobe fill and sign for three years to do time sheets with no issues. Like the others when I try to save to Dropbox or even send it straight through email it is all jumbled up. It seems to have started with the new iOS update. I love the ease of the app and hope there is a solution to this issue soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for te delay in response.

Are you still expeirencing the jummble up or overlapping of text issue with the Fill & sign application when sending or saving the PDF?

If yes, please share the version number of the application and the OS on the device.

Also, let us know if the issue occurs with all the documents that you open in the application.

Check if the applicaiton is updated to the latest version.

Try once to sign out of the application and uninstall it. 

NOTE: Please ensure that you take a backup of the files saved in that application.

Then reboot the device and re-install the application from the App Store.

Check if the issue still occurs. 

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have forms that I fill in on fill and sign and when I save to acrobat the text changes. It will break up the words on one line of a text box and add them to a line below the original location, writing over the text below it.  When I view the document in fill and sign, it appear normal, but everytime I try to email it or save and view in acrobat, it shows up all over the place and virtually unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

From the description given above, what I understand is- you are working with a pdf form using Fill & Sign mobile app as well as desktop application Adobe Acrobat.

Filing out form over the mobile app works fine, but the same form saved to Acrobat its text broke up.

Would you please explain your workflow in detail? How exactly you are saving form from Fill & Sign mobile app to Acrobat desktop app? Is it through the same way as explained above, you emailed to yourself?

Try saving it to the Document Cloud storage and then view it in Acrobat. There could be something went wrong while sharing the files.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I to have this problem also

work flow 

open app on my iPhone add text where required and then If you leave the file in the apps all is ok

if you print or email or save the file on the iPad or a cloud store, the words get jumbled up as (Cbrigati) say

iPad iOS version 13.2

i have since used the app on a older device and it works fine iPad iOS version 10.3.3

hope this helps with the urgent correction

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in getting back on this.  The workflow is as follows:

I use adobe fill and sign to populate a form on my ipad.  When I try to either send it in an email or save it as an acrobat file. The text will break in the middle of a sentence, address, name, etc. and write to the line underneath, thereby writing over that text on that line underneath.  When I save it, I click the send to and select the acrobat app, where I can change the file name or save it to the cloud.  In the fill and sign app, it looks fine, but for some reason, once it goes to the acrobat app, which I'm sure it converts to when emailing, the text is wrong.  All is done on the ipad 13.1.3  MR752LL/A.  I'm a relative neophyte to this sort of thing, so I'm trying to give as much pertinent detail as I can, if this is not enough information, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in getting back on this.  The workflow is as follows:

I use adobe fill and sign to populate a form on my ipad.  When I try to either send it in an email or save it as an acrobat file. The text will break in the middle of a sentence, address, name, etc. and write to the line underneath, thereby writing over that text on that line underneath.  When I save it, I click the send to and select the acrobat app, where I can change the file name or save it to the cloud.  In the fill and sign app, it looks fine, but for some reason, once it goes to the acrobat app, which I'm sure it converts to when emailing, the text is wrong.  All is done on the ipad 13.1.3  MR752LL/A.  I'm a relative neophyte to this sort of thing, so I'm trying to give as much pertinent detail as I can, if this is not enough information, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cbrigati,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Are you still expeirencing the jummble up or overlapping of text issue with the Fill & sign application when sending or saving the PDF?

If yes, please share the current version number of the application and the OS on the device.

Also, let us know if the issue occurs with all the documents that you open in the application.

Check if the applicaiton is updated to the latest version.

Try once to sign out of the application and uninstall it.

NOTE: Please ensure that you take a backup of the files saved in that application.

Then reboot the device and re-install the application from the App Store.

Check if the issue still occurs.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources