• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Online PDF Pack

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In November, 2016 I signed up to a 12 month online PDF Converter Pack. It cost £47.64 per annum. Before that 12 month contract expired, Adobe stopped supporting that piece of software and discontinued support unilaterally. I had similar difficulties getting hold of anyone at Adobe in November 2017 as I am now. Adobe's website contains no direct contact details nor email addresses to help resolve problems. I resorted to using Forums and eventually, after hours and hours of communication back and forth, I eventually spoke to someone at Adobe who helped resolve the problem.

I signed up to another PDF online converter for £52.13 per annum. At that time, I requested an invoice showing the software title and price for tax purposes but nothing was subsequently sent. I therefore have no information to state exactly what this piece of software is.

That contract was up for renewal in November, 2018. No contact made by Adobe.

Two weeks ago I received an email from The Adobe Team (no name, no telephone number, no email address - virtually anonymous), informing me that my contract was due to expire on the 12th February, 2019 and the price was now £125.02.

I have again been on the Adobe website to try to contact someone to discuss what is obviously a mistake - several mistakes, price and renewal date.

I first rang the telephone number that I eventually used to resolve the problem last time - No longer available.

I accessed the Adobe 'Contact Us' page, went round and round in circles trying to speak to Adobe Customer Care, got nowhere.

Tried Purchase on Adobe sales line on 0800-028-0148 - got nowhere. You would have thought that an 0800 sales number would be active, but it is not. You are confronted by an 'on hold' set of jingles that is a poor recording, stops, starts and reruns several times and goes around in circles - an absolute disgrace. Hoping that someone would eventually answer, I let it ring on speaker for 2 hours and 1 minute and still no response.

My problem should take no more than a couple of minutes to resolve. However, if Adobe discourage any customer contact, decline to supply customers with documentation that they have asked for and forward an anonymous email threatening to open a new contract at an exorbitant price, I can see why they are in a mess.

If any forum member responds to this email, please do not ask me to give you any more detail as to what the mini-pack is. I don't have it. Someone from Adobe must have access to my details on file. All I require is to speak to A human being at Adobe to sort it out.

Living in hope, one very frustrated customer

Regards,

Colin Pryor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

We sincerely apologize for the delay in response. And really sorry to hear about the frustrating experience.

In November, 2016 I signed up to a 12 month online PDF Converter Pack. It cost £47.64 per annum. Before that 12 month contract expired, Adobe stopped supporting that piece of software and discontinued support unilaterally.

We have checked your account details, and found that you have signed up for the Adobe PDF Pack in 2016 and later on subscription was canceled after an year. PDF Pack is a part of Document Cloud PDF Service, and support for the PDF services is only available online. There is no support available over the phone. Which might have caused trouble for you initially.

I signed up to another PDF online converter for £52.13 per annum. At that time, I requested an invoice showing the software title and price for tax purposes but nothing was subsequently sent. I therefore have no information to state exactly what this piece of software is.

Edited-

We see that later on you have resubscribed for the Adobe PDF Pack on 4/10/2018 which is good to go till April 2019. You can access your invoices from your Adobe account itself. Here are the steps how you can get it: Print a copy of the invoice for your Adobe purchase

Two weeks ago I received an email from The Adobe Team (no name, no telephone number, no email address - virtually anonymous), informing me that my contract was due to expire on the 12th February, 2019 and the price was now £125.02.

I have again been on the Adobe website to try to contact someone to discuss what is obviously a mistake - several mistakes, price and renewal date.

After checking your account in detail,we could not find any subscription for which this above notice was given. You don't have any subscription registered under current account which is supposed to expire. This might be a phishing email from some other source or you might have any other subscription registered to a different email. We can't find any details in your account.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

Many thanks for your detailed response but part of your answer is incorrect. I last signed up to a 12 month contract on the 12th of November, 2017. As I explained in my earlier email, I wrote to Adobe, Ireland on the 28th March, 2018 asking them for an invoice to complete my April, 2018 tax return. I assume that an invoice was then posted on my account in response to that written request. The mistake you have made is that the invoice date is not an American PDF type date, it is an English date. It is not the 4th of October, 2018, it is the 10th of April, 2018 - two weeks after I sent my letter. If you look closely at the Billing History page prior to opening the invoice PDF you will see the correct date as the 10th April, 2018.

If you agree to that, Adobe should have sent me a renewal advice some time in November, 2018 to cover the year Nov., 2018 to Nov., 2019.

Regards,

Colin Pryor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, again Akanchha,

Please do not respond to my email of 10 minutes ago. I have investigated further and can now elaborate on that 10th of April invoice,

In November, 2017, I signed up to a 12 month contract for £43.44 + VAT (£52.13). In April, 2018 I noticed that the package I had signed up to was no longer working. I contacted Adobe (in April, 2018 not November, 2017) to discover that the Adobe Reader X software was now obsolete, and had been since February, 2018. Adobe gave me a retrospective rebate of £31.22 for the remainder of the term still to run and then I subscribed to a new contract for £52.13 on the 10th of April, 2018 - which is the invoice posted on my account.

That now makes perfect sense. My existing contract runs to the 10th of April, 2019 (not the 4th of October as stated in your email).

I trust nothing will come of this erroneous email implying that my contract is due for renewal on the 12th of February, 2019 at a price of £125.02.

Regards,

Colin Pryor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Colin,

Thanks for taking out time and sharing the detailed information with us.

Small correction in the very first response of mine which might confused- Your subscription was purchased on 4/10/2018 which is good to go till 4/10/2019.

Other than this there isn't anything found under your current account which is active. Do let us know if you receive any further email in regards to the renewal on the 12th of February, 2019 at a price of £125.02

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akanchha,

Many thanks for all of your help. If you can find the time to reply, may I just ask you a couple of questions?

This piece of PDF Converter always transforms the date on an Excel document to an American format. Every Excel document I convert, I have to manually alter the date or else the customer receiving it would be confused. For example:- 30/1/2019 comes out as 1/30/2019 when I pdf it. I have to manually override it by changing it to 1st January, 2019. Is there a simple way to ensure the date does not get transformed into an American format?

I have always had difficulty contacting Adobe. This time, using information on the Adobe website, I telephoned an 0800 number, I then sent an email to an address on that Contact Us page, mail@mail.adobe.com and still no response at all. I appreciate your comment that only online support is available for this type of software, but how does that prevent people at Adobe at least answering my correspondence, even if it is a short email advising me of how to solve my problem. I don't understand why their 'contact us' page goes nowhere. It is a complete mystery and must annoy a lot of customers.

In future, is the correct way to raise this type of issue by going through the Adobe forum as we are now? Whilst my immediate problem has been solved, asking someone who may, or may not, have access to my account details, seems abhorrent. Is it Adobe;s policy to not speak directly to customers, which must alienate loads of people? Or am I overreacting? Is there a better way to solve this type of problem?

Regards and many thanks for what you have done so far,

Colin Pryor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Colin,

I sincerely apologize for not being able to reply on time. Somehow I missed your last message.

This piece of PDF Converter always transforms the date on an Excel document to an American format. Every Excel document I convert, I have to manually alter the date or else the customer receiving it would be confused. For example:- 30/1/2019 comes out as 1/30/2019 when I pdf it. I have to manually override it by changing it to 1st January, 2019. Is there a simple way to ensure the date does not get transformed into an American format?

Are you creating PDF from Excel or Excel to PDF, sorry a little confusion here. This discussion might help Acrobat 11: Exporting PDF to Excel: Dates are in US format, but Adobe writes them into Excel as Euro... 

I have always had difficulty contacting Adobe. This time, using information on the Adobe website, I telephoned an 0800 number, I then sent an email to an address on that Contact Us page, mail@mail.adobe.com and still no response at all. I appreciate your comment that only online support is available for this type of software, but how does that prevent people at Adobe at least answering my correspondence, even if it is a short email advising me of how to solve my problem. I don't understand why their 'contact us' page goes nowhere. It is a complete mystery and must annoy a lot of customers.

Support for different products is available on different channel. Phone support is available for specific products and services. Adobe has N number for products available in the market. Document Cloud Services is one of the service which is only supported on social platform.

In future, is the correct way to raise this type of issue by going through the Adobe forum as we are now? Whilst my immediate problem has been solved, asking someone who may, or may not, have access to my account details, seems abhorrent. Is it Adobe;s policy to not speak directly to customers, which must alienate loads of people? Or am I overreacting? Is there a better way to solve this type of problem?

I can understand your frustration and reaction so far, as anyone can have this. Yes, this is the best way to get help for this service. If you have a different query then start a new forum thread to get it notify quickly. Or you can contact us on our Facebook/Twitter social channels.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources