• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

operation in progress

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the Adobe PDF pack to be able to combine files at work. I've been using it for a couple months now and have had no issues. This past week or so, when I choose my files and click combine it goes through the whole process of uploading, but then when I try to combine it tells me there is already an operation in progress (there isn't) and I can either delete or cancel. If I hit delete it all goes away so that i can start over, but then tells me that my uploads have failed. If I hit cancel, it looks like it might still be trying to combine the files, but it just spins forever and doesn't actually do anything. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried erasing my browser history in case it's still trying to work on something that I'm not aware of. I'm not really sure where to go from here. I was hoping the issue would have resolved itself by now.

adobe error.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

For us, it looks like this has been finally fixed.  It's been working fine for the last couple of days <knock on wood> 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kaylag,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are getting an error message "operation in Progress" while combining PDF files, Is that correct?

The record shows that you are subscribed to Adobe PDFPack subscription on your current Adobe ID, please try to combine the PDF files through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/combinepdf on a different browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari and see if this brings any difference.

You may also use the freeware Adobe Reader DC to combine the files, sign in with your Adobe ID and password in Adobe Reader to access the services. Download Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Is it specific to one PDF file or with all the PDF files? Have you tried combining other PDF files? Try with other PDF files and see if this issue is reproducible?

For more troubleshooting, you can refer to Troubleshooting Create PDF, Export PDF, Adobe Send, Fill & Sign … services(PDFPack or Document Cloud...

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks for the quick response. I'm using Chrome so I downloaded and tried combining the files using Firefox and received the same message (operation in progress). I have tried with different PDFs. All files are under the 100MB limit and it has not been more that 7 files that I have tried to combine at once. I've tried to see if it will let me combine a few at a time. For example, I have 6 files I need to combine. It will let me combine 2 and then 4, but at that point the resulting PDFs are then too large to combine the 2 newly combined PDFs into one file. So this doesn't really solve my problem, since I need all 6 files in 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the Adobe Reader DC on my desktop, but when I go to tools > combine files it takes me to the website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a helpful solution to this problem. This thread now has numerous people experiencing the same issues! Why can't Adobe fix this glitch? what is the issue here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point it has impacted the flow of my Clients’ files to the point that I’m reverted back to an outdated way of assembling files, but those with different extensions are being split out from the main records just to get the job done.

All this extra work hasn’t left me any time to fully research a new platform to use but I will be cancelling my services with Adobe until this is fixed.

No sense in paying for something they’re not providing – I think credits are long overdue to all Users.

Viking Freight Audit

Leah N. Mutch

Viking Freight Audit

[Personal info removed by Mod: Phone number] Note: Please do not share the email address, phone number or any personal details on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it specific to one PDF file or with all the PDF files?

Is it possible to share some sample PDF files with us which you are trying to combine and facing issues?

To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

For testing purpose, try combining the PDF files on a different computer or on your mobile device and see if this issue is reproducible?

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is all files. Unfortunately, I work for a hospital and the files have sensitive patient information on them that I am not able to share. It's been multiple attempts over the last week or two with different files. As Joshua said above, I use this feature every day at work and I've never had this issue before. After I hit delete, it tells me my uploads have failed. I have to try several times before I can get them combined, but eventually it WILL work. The ones I attempted all day yesterday that would not work uploaded fine this morning. So I don't think it has anything to do with the specific PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not heard back from Adobe staff since 3/21. Are we going to get a solution to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven’t heard anything either and still can’t get the tool to work consistently. I’m now looking for alternatives because this is not productive in any way for my business.

Viking Freight Audit

Leah N. Mutch

[Personal info removed by Mod: Phone number] Note: Please do not share the email address, phone number or any personal details on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also experiencing the same message.   This just started in the past week or so.  I've tried 2 different web browsers and same thing.  I use the combine feature everyday here at work and it does it with every PDF file (doesn't matter size of file, etc).  I'm still able to combine files, but after hitting the delete button each time.  It's become very annoying...adobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the exact same error and problem I'm having. I have been using this platform for over a year and only recently I keep getting this message which requires me to just completely exit out of the website, count to 10 and start over. I have had to do this more and more frequently with each use just to get a single file organized. Pressing CANCEL results in the platform cycling over and over and over with zero results. Pressing DELETE completely wipes out everything I've assembled. As an Independent Small Business Owner it's severely affecting my Client interactions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, getting the same exact message and it is completely stopping me when I try to combine files. I knew I should have gone with Nuance. Do we have any resolution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am still having the same issue. We may need to look into changing programs as well. This is getting ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the suggestion of another frustrated User down further in this thread, I just downloaded Nuance myself and already see this tool as being far more expansive with options than the Adobe platform ever offered. I will be cancelling my subscription to Adobe at the end of this month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are planning on cancelling our subscription and going with another program as well. That seems like the only solution at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cancelled my subscription yesterday, requested a refund of the March fee since I couldn't even use the service and also requested the Cancellation Fee (50% of remaining life on the subscription) to be waived since the reason for the cancellation is the SERVICE IS UNAVAILABLE. Supposedly all this was granted but I'll know for sure once the refund hits the business account. I'm now using a Trial version of Nuance and am loving it - thank you again to Debra for suggesting this alternative. Have a good weekend, all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have had this problem the last 2 weeks and it has become very frustrating. I combine multiple PDF files daily and this has become a counter productive tool for work. I will be canceling my membership and moving towards a different service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update? I am also having this issue and, it is becoming very annoying - the service being paid for is not being delivered - it is not fit for purpose. 

Noting the above mentioned issues raised, if there is no resolution provided in the next 14 days, I shall be seeking a refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and it is incredibly frustrating. It has been happening on and off for 2 weeks. I have had the occasional success but have just tried merging the same docs about 6 times in a row and the same thing happens. Does anyone know how to fix this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  Have been using the service for a year now and is a fairly integral part of my position.  Has made this part of my job very counterproductive.  Will follow and hope for an answer soon.  Very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. The issue is not reproducible at our end on both the platforms Mac and Windows.

Is it possible to share sample files or the files causing the issue with us so that we can try it at our end? To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

For testing purpose, please connect the computer to a different network environment like a guest wired/wireless network or a mobile hotspot.

Note: Please share the file via private message only, and if possible, please share a callback number, the best time for a callback and the timezone via private message only.

Please mention the forum thread in the subject line of the  private message.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue,  files wont convert.  Please fix as your solutions do not work.

Please contact me urgently on [Personal info removed by Mod: Email] Note: Please do not share the email address, phone number or any personal details on the forum. as I am paying for a service that I cannot use and I cannot fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sachai,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. The issue is not reproducible at our end on both the platforms Mac and Windows.

Is it possible to share sample files or the files causing the issue with us so that we can try it at our end? To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

For testing purpose, please connect the computer to a different network environment like a guest wired/wireless network or a mobile hotspot.

Note: Please share the file via private message only, and if possible, please share a callback number, the best time for a callback and the timezone via private message only.

Please mention the forum thread in the subject line of the private message.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only is releasing sample files that won't convert not an option because they are Proprietary in nature, to claim that IT Professionals representing the Adobe products are unable to reproduce the error despite the numerous Users with identical problems seems more than disingenuous and comes off as a stalling tactic. My business has suffered due to this and I will be cancelling my subscription. Thank you for your time and efforts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources