• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can’t I sign documents? I get an error code that says “An Unexpected Error Occurred”

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why Can’t I sign documents? I get an error code that says “An Unexpected Error Occurred”

please advise on solution.  I don’t want to lose any information .

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Km,

Are you not able to add signature to the document or not able to Sign In in the Adobe Reader? Looking at the description given above, seems that you are unable to "Sign" a document. If yes, then couple of things that you need to keep in the mind or check-

• Does document's properties allows to Sign it? Open PDF>right click "Document Properties">Security>Signing
  • If working on older version of Adobe Reader then do update it to the latest Adobe Reader DC.
  • Try Signing feature on web Adobe Document Cloud and see if that helps.

Do share the result

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed and I cannot create a signature. When I click the pen there are two line which should be create signature and create initial. Both pop ups say. An unexpected error occurred. So I cannot create a signature to sign documents. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Here's a screenshot. This is on Adobe Fill & Sign for iOS, downloaded today from the App Store. I'm frankly appalled that you haven't engaged about this problem or found a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having exactly the same issue. "Unexpected error occurred" in both signature options. Any solution Adobe? 😂🙏🏼

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Joel5F9D,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with Acrobat Online Services.

Have you checked the security settings of the file that you are trying to sign? The reason could be with the file not allowed to sign or make any changes due to which you experience the error. 

If this is not the case, please share the file so we can try and reproduce the issue at our end and get to a concrete resolution.

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I will happily share the file with you. Unfortunately locking and unlocking
pdf files is not simple to do on the iPhone. Perhaps there is a way that
app can diagnose the error itself and give these instructions, instead of
“an unknown error occurred?”

Please provide details of how I can share the file with you.
--
Joel Burden
Founder | CloudCut

joel@cloudcut.co
CloudCut Ltd
71-75, Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ, United Kingdom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue, I think it's safe to assume that this is an application bug with the app. I suggest Adobe Employee S.S. escalates this ticket to the IOS development team, as locking or unlocking is irrelevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joel5F9D@Jack282513978zlm  You can attach the file directly here, or if the files are sensitive, you can click on my profile name-> click the blue button saying "Send a Message."

Also, a screen recording of what happens would be helpful.

Thanks,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, I will send you a message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue! Anyone have any fixes yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to be in adobe fill and sign then click the bubbles in top right corner and click "turn on "or, "create signature " You're Welcome "

Brett A. Wood

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay it worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem; Adobe fill and sign used to be really great, but now it is having the same issues on all my devices. You can't blame it on the document I'm trying to sign..I can't even sign on the sample! And by the way...I'm already signed in (to a paid account!), so why is it asking me to sign in again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely brilliant this worked for me thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same thing for several days.  My tablet had logged me out, once I logged back in I had no problems accessing my signatures. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Rodney3185713658li,

This generally happens if the application has not been used for some time and the device clears memory and cache to save internal storage.

In such cases, you might need to sign in again for the signatures to show up.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources