• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert to Excel not working

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Acrobat convert to Excel, after I open the document and choose Export PDF, there is no dialog/option to choose Excel as the export format as outlined here:

Convert PDF to Excel, PDF to XLSX converter | Adobe Acrobat DC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Hello robh20011368

As per the description above, you are not getting the option to choose Excel as the export format in Acrobat while trying to export a PDF file, Is that correct?

The record shows that you are subscribed to Adobe ExportPDF service on your current Adobe ID, you can use the service of Adobe ExportPDF through URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf with your Adobe ID and password on a browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari.

You can also use the service through the free desktop ve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello robh20011368

As per the description above, you are not getting the option to choose Excel as the export format in Acrobat while trying to export a PDF file, Is that correct?

The record shows that you are subscribed to Adobe ExportPDF service on your current Adobe ID, you can use the service of Adobe ExportPDF through URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf with your Adobe ID and password on a browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari.

You can also use the service through the free desktop version of Adobe Reader, just sign in with your current Adobe ID and password in Adobe Reader.

If you are using the free desktop app Adobe Reader and not getting the option of Excel in the dropdown list, then sign out and sign back in Adobe Reader once with your current Adobe ID and password and check if this brings any difference.

If Reader is not installed, download it from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

If  Acrobat Pro or Standard is installed on your computer, and you are trying to use the service of ExportPDF, then you will not be able to use the service as you are not subscribed to Acrobat(License/subscription).

You may uninstall Acrobat from the computer and install Adobe Reader.

For more troubleshooting, you may refer to Troubleshooting Create PDF, Export PDF, Adobe Send, Fill & Sign … services(PDFPack or Document Cloud...

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand,

Yes, that worked.

Thanks.

I am, however, quite disappointed in the result.

I compared it against the app Solid Converter Mac and the Adobe conversion pales in comparison when exporting to Excel.

I had assumed that I would get a superior result from Adobe.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rob,

Adobe ExportPDF can create high-quality conversions, but the quality of converted document depends on the quality of the PDF file you start with. For more information,  you may refer to Text is garbled in converted file | ExportPDF

- Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also quite disappointed in the results when using the ExportPDF service to convert to .xlsx.

Data is often not split into separate columns properly.

Using the free online converter found at pdftoexcel.com clearly gives a superior result.

I would expect a paid service from Adobe to be the best converter available.

I would prefer my staff not to use free online converters as I have more trust in Adobe to safeguard the uploaded data, but I can't tell them to use the Adobe product if the .xlsx file produced is unusable.

Does Adobe recognize the issues with the converter and have any plans to improve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Keithb,

We're sorry for the trouble you had while converting the PDF file to Excel. The complexity of the document you're converting (number of pages, content) affect how the resultant file will be.

Try exporting the PDF file through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf with your Adobe ID and password on a browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari and see if this brings any difference.

Have you tried with another PDF file ? Is it specific to one PDF?

If it is specific to one PDF, Is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can test it at our end?

To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, login to https://cloud.acrobat.com/send using your Adobe ID(email) and password, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources