• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

converting scanned document to word from pdf - not readable

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!  I have purchased Adobe, adobe cloud, adobe reader  and nothing works!

I scan a document to my usb,  then to my computer, then convert to doc.x and the document is totally unreadable.   Spent $$ and 3 hours on this today alone.

I have dozens of documents to scan and convert HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Hi Deborahr,

We are sorry to hear about the frustrating experience you had so far. Looking into your account information, we found that you are a subscriber of Adobe Export PDF service.  Adobe Export PDF is an online Adobe Document Cloud service. With it, you can easily convert PDF files into editable Word, Excel, or RTF (Rich Text Format) documents.

Adobe Export PDF can create high-quality conversions, but the quality of converted document depends on the quality of the PDF file you start with.

• Ad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Deborahr,

We are sorry to hear about the frustrating experience you had so far. Looking into your account information, we found that you are a subscriber of Adobe Export PDF service.  Adobe Export PDF is an online Adobe Document Cloud service. With it, you can easily convert PDF files into editable Word, Excel, or RTF (Rich Text Format) documents.

Adobe Export PDF can create high-quality conversions, but the quality of converted document depends on the quality of the PDF file you start with.

• Adobe Export PDF supports optical character recognition, or OCR, when you convert a PDF file to Word (.doc and .docx), Excel (.xlsx), or RTF (rich text format). OCR is the conversion of images of text (scanned text) into editable characters, so that you can search, correct, and copy the text.
  • Adobe Export PDF supports the few languages for OCR and the detailed description is shared here: Using OCR in Adobe Export PDF, Document Cloud, Reader

• If the text are unreadable, that could be a font issue with the document itself. Where fonts are not embedded to the PDF and while converting it from PDF to word, fonts are missing and unreadable. This could or could not be one of the case, so you may check with a different PDF for testing.

You may also read the similar article here: Text is garbled in a converted file | Adobe Export PDF

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources