• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internet connection error in Adobe Reader

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have internet connection but Adobe keeps saying I don't .. even try to redownload Adobe reader and can't do that as it says I have no internet...

I'm at a loss to why this is happening but I wanted to sign a doc.. and send it today Well that's not going to happen... The servers for Adobe must be Junk is all I can say.

TOPICS
Export PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been to this and it did Nothing.. I hope they can send it in word as I can use it without the You don't have internet..Brother..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barrett,

If you have tried all the steps from the above-shared link, then please disable Security software installed, and check.

If the issue still persists, Connect the computer to a different network envoirnemt or to your cell phone network, then for Windows machine: Create a new Admin user profile and

And if possible, for Windows machine: Create a new Admin user profile and check.

For Mac machine: Enable the root account and check.

Hope this helps, and keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a computer geek... but my concern is that if I do as you say.. won't other Programs that also use Admin profile stop working  now if I change it?? That would be a nightmare if all my programs stop working but I could use Adobe. I like the idea of removing Adobe someway and installing so it recognizes My admin profile... Tell me why my thinking is astray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barrett,

If you run the Acrobat in Admin profile, it will not affect any other programs. Or working in Admin profile will not affect any other  programs.

If the Adobe is working in the Admin profile, you might have to repair the User profile or have to update/repair the operating system.

Check for any pending updates of the operating system.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem. It occurred immediately after I installed the Adobe Acrobat Reader software update today, 10-1-18. I uninstalled the Acrobat Reader and my internet connection came back on right away. I am unlikely to reinstall Acrobat Reader if this problem cannot be resolved by Adobe.

Have you resolved this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem. It occurred immediately after I installed the Adobe Acrobat Reader software update today, 10-1-18. I uninstalled the Acrobat Reader and my internet connection came back on right away. I am unlikely to reinstall Acrobat Reader if this problem cannot be resolved by Adobe.

Have you resolved this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jennyl,

Sorry for the trouble you are facing with Reader. Could you try rebooting the machine once after installing update for Reader and check if you are still facing issue with the internet connection?

To download Reader visit this link: https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did reboot my computer twice. Immediately after the update installation, and another time to see if it would allow for Internet connection again. When the reboot failed, I searched for this problem online and found this post but the problem that Barrett experienced remained unresolved. I decided to test to see if the software update caused the loss in Internet connection by completely uninstalling Adobe Acrobat Reader from my computer. My internet connection came back on right away so I know the software update caused the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jennyl,

Could you please confirm Reader's version and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I also have a similar problem after installing Adobe Reader inn my MAC. Although my MAC is connected to the internet, Adobe says it is not. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note it was the software update for Reader installed on Oct. 1, 2018 that caused the user's WiFi to disconnect. WiFi came on as soon as I uninstalled Reader in its entirety.

I installed Reader today, along with the software update. This time, my WiFi is unaffected. It's about two weeks after I experienced the issue.

Again, please note that it was the Reader software update I installed on October 1, 2018 that caused the WiFi disconnection error.

If anyone gets a WiFi disconnect after installing a Reader update, completely uninstall Reader and watch how WiFi returns. Then find and install the latest Reader app to see if it allows WiFi to remain connected. So far so good. Hopefully, Adobe will do better next time with any Reader updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My coworker has had the same problem all week and I encountered it today. Both of our machines have been rebooted several times and she even uninstalled and reinstalled the entire program. We both encountered the problem when trying to interact with documents shared for review on Adobe Document Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT an activations and software problem. I work on Airplanes and DO NOT have a WiFi connection. When there is no network (say I am on the road) I cannot use this product. Why would a fully licensed product, installed locally on my laptop, stop working if i am at home with a power failure and my ISP is down????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this message:  

Are you connected to the internet?
"We can’t verify your subscription status.
We can’t reach the Adobe servers. This may be because you’re not connected to the internet. Check your connection and try again below. If you’re still having issues, please see our connectivity connection guide."

It started right after the last update a day or two ago.  I cannot use adobe acrobat DC now.  The troubleshooting guide and the suggestions on this and a related topic thread have all been tried and did not help.  I deleted and reinstalled Adobe as well.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, but it is only with one user. I can log into Adobe with my creds and can log in fine. Log out of adobe and let him log in and we get the no internet error. No Windows profile change or anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, and my issue was I was connected to a VPN. Once I disconnected from the VPN, the error message went away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura261498013wmo,

Sorry about the delay in response.

As we understand, you get the error message only when connected to the VPN. Is that correct?

If yes, please confirm if it started recently. Did you make any changes recently?

Share the Acrobat Reader DC and OS version on the machine.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I have tried all the 'Help & Support troubleshooting' links and NOTHING is working. I have paid for this service and I have an iternet connection. I work from home and use this product a lot and I can't even open any of my documents. This is absurd and should not happen. Please just fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi melaniew29103406,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the trouble caused.

Please try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Check if that helps.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources