• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstalling Document Cloud via Azure Active Directory didn't work.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the IT administrator for my company which has migrated to Office 365.

I used this link: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/o365pdf/start.html?trackingid=XB5KHQN1&mv=in-product&mv2=acrobat
To install Adobe PDF for Sharepoint.

What I got was a program called "Adobe Document Cloud" which has installed itself throughout my Azure/Sharepoint/O365 architecture.
It did not work, and after discussion we decided the best option would be to remove it.

I used the instructions, found here:  https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/office365-configuring-sharepoint-onedrive.html to uninstall it.
But it is persisting for my users, despite no longer showing up on my Enterprise Apps control panel.

Please advise the best way to completely remove it from Sharepoint/OneDrive. The Enterprise app removal process did not work.

I have tried the support phonelines and chat and been instructed that the product is not real, that I'm an Enterprise customer and in the wrong queue (bounced), I'm not an Enterprise customer and in the wrong queue (bounced) and I am just trying to get some assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Hi DwayneinMaine,

Looking at the description given above, seems you have got the absolutely correct steps so far. (Followed by: Deploy Adobe PDF file handler for SharePoint and OneDrive )

I used the instructions, found here:  https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/office365-configuring-sharepoint-onedrive.html to uninstall it.
But it is persisting for my users, despite no longer showing up on my Enterprise Apps control panel.

Please advise the best way to completely remove it from Sharepoint/O

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DwayneinMaine,

Looking at the description given above, seems you have got the absolutely correct steps so far. (Followed by: Deploy Adobe PDF file handler for SharePoint and OneDrive )

Please advise the best way to completely remove it from Sharepoint/OneDrive. The Enterprise app removal process did not work.

Are they (Users) still able to access it? have you checked with them?

Ask the users to clear web browser cache and Sign Out Sign In once. May be you have made the changes in the Enterprise account, but hasn't reflected at their end.

Let us know the result.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, Akanchha.

Your suggestion did work for some users, but not all, and we tried a lot of different things (cycling everything, completely rebooting, re-installing browsers).

In the end I ended up getting support from Microsoft directly and they helped me with back-end work to get it removed from Enterprise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your findings dwayneinMaine

Let us know if there is any further assistance is required from our side.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, I erased from azure, but some users still seeng the adobe document cloud app in sharepoint, and I don't know what else to do.

How can I do the back-end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Juliom,

First, delete it from your AD Enterprise apps portal. I waited 30 minutes, then proceeded:

Next, ensure all your users (who are experiencing the persistent app) log out of O365, completely. Clear browser caches/history/cookies etc. If they log into windows via AD, have them restart their PCs as well, just to be sure. For a couple users this took a few tries.

This fixed the issue for a majority of my users.

The remaining two users were done remotely via MS support, which I had to reach out to.
I'm sorry I don't have more insight then that. MS said it was a weird anomaly. Hopefully you won't need that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perfect! thanks! now it's working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I know this post is quite old, however i was having issues with this component for a while and NO HELP FROM ADOBE!!! 

Be warned, if you install it and have problems Adobe support will not help you... I called several times, sent emails. they simply do NOTHING TO HELP, they will ignore you. I ended up uninstalling it and got the same problems as described here. 

Very unprofessional support or lack of support from Adobe! I am shocked that enterprise addon like this have NO DEDICATED SUPPORT AT ALL!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it helps anyone else with this issue, I accidently came accross how to fix this, but only for each user and not for the whole tenant.

After removing the integration, ask the user to log-on to workstation that they have never used and is not registred to them. Browse to a PDF file on the site and click on the three dots to the right if the file. Then select 'Open' and then 'Open in browser' and this will open the PDF as normal. if you then refresh the page or select another document folder, the intigration is gone (as confirmed by the change of icon).

Not sure how this works, but it does. Good luck! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ไม่เข้าใจ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To uninstall Adobe Document Cloud from Azure, first revoke the permissions. Set enabled to "No", assign users to "Yes" and visibility to "No". Than delete the application and wait 36 hours. After that instruct users to delete browser cookies and caching.

Revoke permissions from Adobe Document Cloud and delete the application in AzureRevoke permissions from Adobe Document Cloud and delete the application in Azure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources