• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Esign templates not supported

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to use my templates created in adobe for esignatures. The templates are viewable and can be edited but when selecting the files I recieve a message, "PDFs created with unsupported templates can't be sent for e-signatures" even though the template was created in esign. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was also having this issue. I have spoken to adobe and after a little bit of digging, the issue was with the pdf. I had created a document in excel and then converted it to excel by save as, pdf. The uploaded it as a template, filled it with fields and got the same error message you did. Apparently I should have saved it as an Adobe PDF specifically. To do this, open Adobe Acrobat desktop, go to tools and then select "Apply PDF Standards" which is under the "Prepare" Section. Open the document you want to use and select Save as PDF/A at the side. It then worked for me when I added it as a template. Really hopes this helps everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok scrap the above - I had another issue which led to the same problem. Spoke to Adobe again and they said its a bug that they are working on as its affecting everyone. Can't guarantee a timeframe though apparently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue and it's really putting us behind. When will this bug be fixed? PLEASE HELP....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't. They don't care.

Get Outlook for Android<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may have found a temporary workaround of the issue (same thing was happening to me)... Don't use the "Sender Prefill" option & don't use the "Anyone" option -- only use Participant 1 & Participant 2 for every field. Also make sure you note the comment box in the upper lefthand corner of each page, which lists the number of issues with the fields on that page. Once the issues are fixed (like need to review or overlapping fields), it will show was a checkmark and you can continue by clicking the Create button. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the trouble caused so far.

Would you mind sharing the sample document on which the error occurs? Also, share the step by steps workflow.

We will check with the team about the workflow and update you with more information.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Meenakshi, the bug number is DCSIA-2774. I called the support team again today and was told that there is still no resolve. This is rendering the esign feature entirely useless from a template. Is there a way to work around it for now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

See attached word document that we use as a template. 

The document is uploaded via create e-sign template. Then we select and add the fields that need to be prepared by the Signer and Participant 1. We then review the fields and select create and done. 

Then we go to Agreements / Template / Use Template.  The template opens and within a couple seconds we get the error message below. 

PLEASE HELP! This issue needs to be resolve. We cannot be manually creating these documents for our clients. This feature is specifically the reason we signed up for Adobe and it doesn't work. Very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded your form and recreated step by step what you did and was able to use the template without any errors. See attached. Send me a private message if you want to go over the steps with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! It's been a while but I found this article that might shed some light. For me, I think it's having the Sender Pre-Fill that is messing with it. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/unsupported-features-in-rs23.html

Someone may have already found this but hope this helps if not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines