Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing a Signing Participant Email address on Web form

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can not figure out how or where to edit a participants email in an existing web form (eg I want to change an approving managers email address in a 3-person signature leave request form). I can see how to edit the form, but not the partipant email without setting up a new form.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meg_OICHI,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As I understand you are trying to edit the email address of the counter signer's added to the web form.

If that is correct, would like to inform you that you can only edit the PDF form fields added in the web form.

In order to change the counter signer's email address, you need to create a new web form.

Hope that the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

it would be great if that could be changed at some point. It is very inconvenient to have to create a new form every time just because the countersigner has been changed.

Kind Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous.  This is a terrible practice.  It should be easy to edit participants without having to regenerate a new form each time participants need to change.  Adobe products are slipping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frank,

Thank you for reaching out.

We appreciate your suggestion/ feedback. In Adobe Sign, you may create a document template that you can use anytime you need to make the changes in the document. Then it can be used when you need to update the web form. So, it is not regenerating the form, however, just using the same form with new participants. You can remove the old one and update the new one with the required participant changes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same issue. The link below specifically states that you can edit recipients for an existing web form. Please help explain how to do so as it seems to have been enabled since this was originally posted in February. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/sign-config-web-forms.html

To quote Adobe: 

Can I edit the CC'd parties for an existing web form?
Yes.
After a web form is created, you can edit the CC'd parties on the Manage page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the ability to edit web form recipients depend on the package/account type under which the web form was created. If you subscribe to "Adobe Acrobat Sign" (which offers more features/workflows) and create a web form using that service it appears you can edit recipients (see here: https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/sign-web-form-edit.html)

However, if the web form was created as part of the Acrobat Pro DC service then it seems editablity is not possible. You can "add" receipeints including those taht are CC, but once the web form is created and roles assigned, the only way to edit an address is to delete (HIDE) the web form and create a new one which is totally absurd to say the least. Be sure to also disable the old form and issue new links as required. Hopefully your form doesn't have lots of field formatting and/or conditional logic which requires redoing. You may try creating a template to see if that helps.

Over the years, Adobe has played with their web form offering by moving it in/out of packages. Doing so has caused nothing but unncessary confusion and difficulty. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an incredibly ineffecient and foolish design.  The time that can go into creating a web form makes this design burdonsome.  Organizations make changes regularly to personnel, especially these days.  I understand that uphold the integrity of litiguous form signatures there is likely a reason for this design, but there must be a better way.  Even if Adobe were to automatically recreate a new form when a web form participant was added or existing participant was edited.  The recreated form could retain all of the form fields.  Adobe is interesting to me.  In some ways Adobe development is the golden standard.  Such as Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.  However, when it comes to sales and account management interfaces, coupled with odd issues like this, it's mind boggling.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines