• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add date, signature and time stamp when document is send for signature?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I send a document for signature, I would like signature , date, & TIME... it only does date & signature... HOW TO ADD TIME STAMP as well

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Richlewis,

Looking at the description given above, it seems you are adding your Signature & Date before sending the document "for signature" and willing to add a time stamp too, which is currently unavailable?

Did you create the form within Acrobat DC using "Prepare form" tool? Would you mind confirming, how exactly you have added Signature & Date.

• While sending document for signature via Adobe Sign, there isn't any predefine feature which can help you adding time stamp. 
  • In order to include Time stamp, what you can do is to either add "Digital Signature" or add Time Stamp to the file and then convert to Adobe Sign form to "send for signature"

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AkanchhaS - How to do that? can you help us for step by step? - Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Moses,

Thank you for reaching out.

If you wish to get the date and time stamp with the signature, you may try the Digital Signature option under the Signature fields in Adobe Sign.  I am afraid to say that there is no option by default in Adobe Sign to add the date and time stamp with the signature. However, the information is always available in the audit report for the document.

As MagentaSA suggested, you may add a separate field for that in the form.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are in Adobe Sign, you could drag an input field onto the page, then double click the field to access the properties, rename your input field by clicking the pencil (in the example I called mine "now"), change the value type to calculated value, a formula input will appear click the "F(x)" icon.

Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 08.31.03.png

In the pop up window choose functions, then click date on left hand side, then in right hand side double click "now()". This will may your input box have the date and time. Caveat is that it will be in a seperate field to the signature.

Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 08.30.31.png

 Hope this helps.

Sharing our knowledge today for your use tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines