Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to let the signer's initials appear on all pages

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

I have a document. at the end of the document the signer signs and types in his initials (both on the last page).

what I want to do: I want to let his initials appear on every page, always on the same place.

I know this could be done by simply placing initials-fields on each page.

however, this would mean the signer would have to click on EVERY page - and my documents has hundreds of pages.

so obviously this won't work.

my vision / goal is that the signer can sign / type once, and his initials appear on all pages (on the defined place on each page).

how can I do this with adobe sign..?

thank you in advance!

martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Greetings!
To briefly touch the idea of placing a field on every page, all levels of service can repeat a field on every page (in the same X,Y location on the page) by using the Repeat Field on All Pages feature in the Tools section of the field properties:

2019-04-02_4-54-46.png

You can uncheck the Required  parameter if the signer is initialing only by the items they agree to.

By explicitly forcing the signer to click into the field to place the initials, you are obtaining a "willingness to agree" that you do not get b

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Martin,

I have some general thoughts on this, having heard similar requests in the past. Keep in mind, I'm not an attorney and you should validate my experience-based assertions with your General Counsel or company attorney.

First, typically in documents where initials are required on every page, it's supposed to signify that the person has reviewed each page and agrees to it.  In traditional, ink-based signing, they are then required to initial every page for this purpose. To that end, from a legal enforceability perspective, if you automatically place their initial on every page after they apply it once, you would circumvent them from actually reviewing the multitude of pages.  In this sense, the person signing could at a later point claim that s/he signed once and the signature was placed on every page, thereby challenging the validity of the whole document and process.

Second, there was a legal case around 2010 against a loan processing company which provided a means of automatically and quickly signing foreclosure documents.  One person was found criminally liable and the major banks all paid a very hefty fine (to the tune of billions of dollars). Here's a short write up that speaks to it: Robo-signing in Foreclosures: What Homeowners Can Do About It | Nolo

So, my suggestion to you is to ask why you need initials on every page. If it's to depict that the person has actually read every page, then follow the process of them placing their signature on every page manually to ensure enforceability of the documents and avoid legal issues for your company.

However, if the requirement is to show that the person received a copy of the document and they need to place just one signature signifying such, I suggest moving the signature or initial to the end of the document, forcing the person to review and sign at the end.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you have around this.

Take care,

Arash

[ private informations removed by moderator --> https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731 ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi arash

thank you for your reply & thoughts on this.

I agree with you that the points you brought up are certainly valid in an usual agreement / contract.

however, my case is a bit special:

the document is a long list of musical works (one page for each work), and a third party wishes to have the initials besides each work (ie, no each page).

so, it's not an 'usual' contract or the like were all your points are certainly valid.

rather its a long list, and it needs the initial of the signer on each page.

so the scenario is a bit different, and my question remains the same: can I (and if so, how) do this with adobe sign?

thank you!

martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of any way of setting up an auto-placement of initial on all pages by placing it on a single page.

However, if you want to place a data field that will take any text typed in, you can replicate the value across all data fields.  The upside is that you're replicating the data as you wish.  The downside is that a person can type in whatever they want.

Take care,

Arash

[ private informations removed by moderator --> https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731 ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!
To briefly touch the idea of placing a field on every page, all levels of service can repeat a field on every page (in the same X,Y location on the page) by using the Repeat Field on All Pages feature in the Tools section of the field properties:

2019-04-02_4-54-46.png

You can uncheck the Required  parameter if the signer is initialing only by the items they agree to.

By explicitly forcing the signer to click into the field to place the initials, you are obtaining a "willingness to agree" that you do not get by automatically placing something like an image of the initials programmatically. This level of "friction" indicates "awareness".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES - thank you!

now it works with manually added fields. my follow-up question is: how do I do this with text tags?

I started a new thread for this question, please see:

repeated initials field (not required) via text tags

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

May I know where I can find this "Repeat Field on All Pages" function in Adobe Acrobat 2020??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mya Myat34472678wi0n,

Thank you for reaching out.

The option appears when you double-click the form field on the Preview page when sending a document for signature.

Could you please let us know how you add form fields to the form? Are you using the Prepare Form tool?

It would be helpful if you could share more information on how you are creating the form.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2024 Oct 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thank you Negi & Scott for this answers.

Though it does not appear for me... And I would really need to repeat the three boxes in all 50 pages...

Is it hidden somewhere else... lost ?

Thank you for helping out !

Best regards,

Aio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines