• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paid subscription to sign a document on Echosign

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been sent a document by my bank to sign on Echosign but I'm struggling to sign it. When I went onto the support chat, they have advised that I need a paid for subscription to sign the document - is this correct?

TOPICS
Adobe Sign forms , How to sign

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that is entirely accurate. 

When you receive an Echosign document, it should be disclaimed in the first page that you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader (free version) that will allow you to download such PDFs and sign them.

However, the Echosign, has a very straight forward process that takes place while you're viewing the document online.

You read the document and acknowledge what is asked from you by proceeding to the next page when you click next. If you're provided with links to download portions of the PDFs forms (or in whole), that is for your records amd it constitutes as a digital copy that you can turn into a hard copy later by printing it.

If you pay close attention to how the Echosign application handles each step of your agreement, it will also disclaim thay by clicking on Next you accept and that is considered your signature (this information is taken from your user Profile that your bank already has on record).

At the end, when you click on save or finish, the Echosign will alert the user with another notification and you're basically done. The app will close and the bank already collected your responses and signature taken from the steps mentioned above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction to my reply above.

Your bank should've sent you a document agreement specifying your consent for your them to use ESIGN  to collect records electronically and how they make them secure.

This is based on the E-Sign Act  and in no way this Act establishes any clause for the user to pay for an e-sign tool from Adobe.

Use for example this bank discalimer:

https://www.sainsburysbank.co.uk/borrowing/support/support_esign#accordion-item-1-6 

If you check on Wells Fargo you will find a similar consent form with similar stipulations.

More over, this is what the FDIC  says about:

https://www.fdic.gov/regulations/compliance/manual/10/x-3.1.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiN-svj5ezmAhWoAp0JHYumAig... 

You should read, then call your bank again and eacalate if a representative is asking you to do that.

If you simply don't consent to the E-Sign disclosures of your bank just have them explain to you what other options do you have othe than electronic means.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need to have Acrobat Adobe Reader on your computer. I am able to sign Adobe e-sign documents on my phone and tablet and it does not require Adobe technology. You may need a browser or operating system or browser that can render pdf files. Mac OSX has had this capability since OSX came out. I do believe Windows 10 has some capability to render PDFs as I do not have an Windows 10 machine without Acrobat installed I cannot verify that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh ok. Thank you for clarifying that.

And yes Ms Windows 10 has that capability but is on Internet Explorer 11 not Ms Edge browser.

If using, Chrome, Firefox, Opera the Adobe Reader extension needs to be manually enabled after adding it from the Playstore.

More here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/display-pdf-in-browser.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines