• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ARchitectural AR

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to find a way to accuratly place objects exported from Revit Architecture into AR. It seems to do this I would need to be able to see my scan in the same environment as I'm placing objects in. For instance I just scanned my bathroom and now I want to add a vanity and a piece of art. This vanity needs to be in exactly the right spot. So I'd want to be able to see it and the bathroom scan at the same time and be able to create accurate dimensions. Is this possible?

Another question, Does aero support using spacial anchors? Meaning that it uses the entire scanned bathroom mesh as the anchor? Or will I need to place an image target in the room somewhere?

TOPICS
Desktop , Feature request , Mobile

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AERO does not support user generated scans at this time.  You could use an image target - however, AERO does not appear to have SLAM yet - meaning, once you move your camera from the image target you will not be able to see your AR content.  (Hopefully these things are in the pipeline).  Recommend you look at using another platform to do this.  Snap AR's Lens Studio would likely be the best solution using their "landmarker"  feature and their real-world object template.  8th Wall with their Lightship VPS could also work if you want to base it on a scan of the bathroom.  Tap-to-place on either platform is most likely to work the best though.  

As far as creating accurate dimensiosn - not sure quite what you are looking to do - but there are AR apps out there that you can use to get dimenions.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this info. It is important that the experience persist after the image target dissappears. I do not think tap to place will work formy application. I want to import amd adjust the placement of my content on the desktop because it needs to be accurate. To do this I need to see both the room scan and the 3D geometry I'm adding in AR in the same environment on desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.  Then you will need to use another platform.  Recommend Lens Studio.  Their Custom Landmarker feature/template is very easy to use.  If you need a bigger or more detailed scan than their VPS can produce, recommend using Polycam. You can import your Polycame scan into lens studio to use for reference and positioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are other good systems out there you could use too such as Augmented.City and Immersal - but you need to be able to work in Unity for those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines