Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when trying to create a link

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I have been trying to create a link for a project I have been working on and everytime I try it I get an error message "Unable to create a link". It's not size related as I tried with a smalle project (4mb) and still get the same issue. I am on an iPad running latest versions of both iOS and Aero. 

Also on the desktop version (Windows 10) I get a similar issue: no link is created but I just don't get any message, it just dismisses the "Create link to AR experience" message with no further action.

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Desktop , Mobile , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mathias275891269w56, it a workaround but try exporting the .real file and importing it as a new project and then creating a link. I will also let the team know that there is an issue. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Tried the suggested solution but keep getting the same error. Also tried with a new project using different 3d models and I get the same result. I am guessing it's not only on my machine, as my colleague (works on a different desktop) is getting the same message and also not being able to generate the links.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!
I got the error message and cannot make the link🥲.  I tried many times but the result was the same.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'll go ahead and escalate this. @Mathias275891269w56 , @Hiromi98A5  I will update you shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mark. If it helps, I tried to export the file and send it to a colleague who managed to get a link for it on his iPhone running Aero. He also tried on his iPad and Desktop (running Windows 10) and he is getting the same error. 

So I am guessing it's something related to the device type. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there an answer on this? I have the same issue. Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm also getting the same issue, so just following here. Thanks in advance 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive had this same issue.  I work for a public school system.  Is it possible the issue is due to account restrictions on the county side vs adobe side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a personal profile with the same email address, saved the project as a .real file.. logged out of my company profile, logged into my personal profile, and was able to create a link / code with the same file with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @fwreave my guess is exporting as .real did the trick as this is the way I am doing at the moment. I can't generate the link on my desktop (PC running Win10), only on my mobile device. iPad also shows the same issue for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested that theory - I opened the same .real file on my company profile and was unable to create a link(first image).  I am able to continue to create links with my personal profile(QR code).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, thanks for the feedback and information. I am investigating with the team. If you are in an education setting this is good information that will help me track the details down. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been unable to generate a link on either desktop or mobile. Any recommendations to get the link to work on mobile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Has this been investigated yet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnblue71 it has not. Still no resolution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@markhellar I'm on a business account, and I'm having the same issue.  Tried exporting the .real and importing to no avail.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gyus, 

I have same issue. Is there any update? It would be really great to test QR code, AppClips and Instant Apps. Really excited to test Geospatial Creator as well. 

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was finally able to get some resolution for this problem. For me, it was that my account (which is under a corporate license) had been set by our account admins to not allow for the creation of public links. This affects all Adobe products but Aero is not advanced enough yet to generate this specific error message. I would recommend checking your account settings or asking your admin to check and to allow public link creation. You can also check if this is the issue by trying to generate a link from Adobe Express as it is able to generate an error message telling you that your account settings need to be updates. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been chasing this down all day and this seems pretty likely! just tried making a quick file and generating a QR code on a personal account and it worked. Then I exported and reopened on the corporate account and then tried to make a new QR code and got that error message that says "Unable to create link".

Seems like I can't reopen anything I've made while logged into the corporate account.

Are you able to generate QR codes on the corporate account now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that Adobe Aero is still not advanced enough to generate links for corporate accounts. I tried generating a link in Photoshop, and it only worked for our company. Adobe Express is working fine, but unfortunately, it appears that Adobe Aero is not yet prepared for this feature. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 5.29.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't generate links on corporate accounts..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I found the solution. Its was the Defender firewall blocking the link genaration. Just Disable it and this is just works fine 

Screenshot 2024-04-29 101143.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines