• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

server hosting for AERO projects possible?

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can AERO projects be hosted on an alternative (non-cloud) server?

I'm in the process of creating several AR interventions for a long term exhibit.
The QR codes will be printed onto graphic panels within the exhibit and the client will be expecting them to be viewable for several years.
I am slightly concerned that AERO projects are cloud hosted and linked to my adobe account, so if my adobe account is deactivated for whatever reason the content would no longer be accessible.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Feature request , Usability Issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also curious about this. I want to connect AR content to fine art prints. To do this properly I need the content to be permanently available, as well as have control of where it is hosted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same situation as well. Wondering what would be the best option. I saw some ways via Unity and its AR options, but it's a whole other package again. I have multiple issues with links not updating and I'm worried about accessibility as well, so would be nice if we could export our file and host them elsewhere. I mean, we can create images and videos with the Adobe suite and still upload them and host them however we want, elsewhere, independtly from Adobe services... so hopefully there will be an export option some day. This is still a beta... It's been for a while now. XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still waiting on an answer from Adobe, 6 months later. So I'm looking at https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/camera/imagine-webar-image-tracker-240128 since I already use Unity. Anyone else try another route? I have a show I'm prepping for and really want to get on creating the app to match the images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump! Gonna need more than 50 MB to play our show promos at full quality unless there are plans to support h264 files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines