Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Producing faulty mirror image in Create from image pattern tool

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pattern.jpg

 Look at this pattern tile, I used 'Create from image > Pattern tool' from Library panel to create this image. I am having this issue, the mirrored image is not correctly aligned. So it is unable to create a perfect Kaleidoscopic image. I have tried this in oldest to newest version of photoshop, but got the same result, the problem remians. Is there any solution ? 

Phtoshop Version: Photoshop 2022

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this to the Adobe Capture forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be great if you can share original image/document from which you created this pattern tile. That will help us in reproducing the issue locally and investigate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @syed_mehadi , I have attached four probolematic pattern and also added the psd file from which I have generated these patterns. I have marked the problems. There are two typesof problem. 1. Pixelated 2. Wrongly aligned

Example 1.pngexample 3.pngExample 4.pngExample 5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for additional details, we are looking into the issue. Initial investigation reveals it to be device/hardware specific issue.

We will likely roll out its fix with our next update. In the meantime you can use capture mobile application to generate patterns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What will be the time of next update? Could you please share the mobile application's link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can access "adobe capture" mobile app at: https://www.adobe.com/in/products/capture.html

it is available in app store or paly store on your mobile phone/tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the fourth person that seems to be having this issue.  No one has given me a response that works so im sending this  screenshot to show that  this exist in other computers since the 2022 update.  Please help. thxscreenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @aandjmom , 
  Thanks for sharing this issue. Can you please share the source image used to create the above pattern as well as provide us below mentioned device information ? 
OS name : 
OS Version number :
Is it an intel or ARM device : 

This will help us to verify our fix and roll out the fix ASAP. 
Regards
Vishal Thakur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@aandjmom looking at the previous conversation, it seems like we already have the informations required to reproduce the issue and have been working on the fix as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same problem. 'Create from Image' on my PC was working fine until a few weeks ago.  Below is my example of the same image using Adobe Capture on my iPad and then on my Lenovo PC.  I have been using 'Create from Image' on my PC since it was first available. I create patterns for fabric print creations and really miss having it work on my PC.Capture Image Pattern Example.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue happens on specific hardware only, so you might have seen it working on your desktop on a different machine?

We are aware of this device specific issue and its fix will be going out with next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ChitraKathak  Hope you are doing well. We have tried to reproduce this issue on multiple devices that we have with us but we had no luck reproducing this issue on our machines. Will it be possible for you to spare some time and connect with me so that we can collaborate and try fixing this issue ? If you are interested , please send your email id to visha@adobe.com . I will be happy to connect with you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sharonjoy @aandjmom please reach out tovisha@adobe.com, as we have found a fix and want to validate it with you, i.e. whether it works for you on your machine or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw this and sent you an email this morning. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for informing us about the issue. we have fixed it internally and it willl be coming out with next release of library panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for informing us about the issue. we have fixed it internally and it willl be coming out with next release of library panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be happy to help you. I am sending an email to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to be impatient. Any idea when this fix will be available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sharon. Hope you are doing well. The fix has been pushed to cc-libraries. You should recieve the fix with cc-libraries latest update (version 3.20). This is scheduled to be released by end of this month. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines