Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get QR code to open on laptop

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue with an Adobe-generated QR code. My phone (iPhone w/ up-to-date iOs 17) will read them just fine, but my laptop camera (HP Elitebook w/ Windows 11 Enterprise, version 22H2) will not read them. I saw another post saying that I needed to make the link shorter, so I did. However, the shorter QR code still didn't work. I tried the same links in tinyurl and bit.ly and the QR codes scanned just fine in the windows camera/QR scanner mode. 

I created the QR codes using Adobe Express within my Google Chrome browser last week (2/26/2024). I printed the QR code and attempted to scan it through the built-in QR scanner in the Windows 11 camera app. Both QR codes did not show the link to open in the camera app, despite changing the size, distance, and orientation of the QR code printout. It works fine with an iPhone, but I am trying to get QR codes for students to use within a classroom with school-issued laptops. If it works, it should open a Google Drive link to an audio file called "Hidden Numbers".

I'm not sure if this was an Adobe issue or a Windows issue, but since other QR codes worked fine I figured it's more likely an Adobe bug.

TIA for your assistance!

Bug Started
TOPICS
Desktop Web , Exporting and Sharing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

@Nicholas357045780p9x, Thank you for reporting this. I've replicated this bug and will pass it on to our engineering team. I'll get back to you once it's resolved, but please don't hesitate to reach out again if you have any questions.

^Lyn

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nicholas357045780p9x,

Thank you for sharing this.

I scanned your QR codes with up-to-date iOS 17 iPhone and iPad, and it worked. On my up-to-date MacBook Pro, I added a QR code reader extension to Google and could read the QR codes. 

Can you specify the name of the built-in QR scanner in the Windows 11 camera app? I suggest using another application or extension to read the QR code on a laptop. 

Don't hesitate to keep us updated.

Thanks,

^Winnie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Winnie_M ,

Thanks for your response.

From what I could observe, there wasn't a name for the QR-scanner other than that it is "barcode" mode in the default Windows Camera from Microsoft as seen in the screenshot below. Since the QR code it's trying to read is paper-based, I'm not sure if you might have a suggested extension or other app to try. I tried the codes again and still, Apple products will read them and the Windows laptop will read non-Adobe QR codes only, so far.Screenshot 2024-03-21 102826.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Nicholas357045780p9x, Thank you for reporting this. I've replicated this bug and will pass it on to our engineering team. I'll get back to you once it's resolved, but please don't hesitate to reach out again if you have any questions.

^Lyn

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate