Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Express questions

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Express Questions:

1. I'm working in Adobe Express and I saved something as a template. I see that the template is not updating as I update the content on my project. So I guess I need to resave the project. How do I go to an existing template and save an updated version of the project? Or, do I just have to go in and delete the template and save the project fresh?

2. Is there a way to lock down assets so they don't move? For example, I want to lock down my background image so I don't accidentally grab it and move it when trying to grab something else. 

3. On some text, I typed out what I wanted it to say...but when I choose Curve, Grid, or Magic alignments to see how else it could look...it changes somethings from the lower case that I had to upper case. I love the layouts, but need something specifically lower case. I can't find a way to change that since I have it typed in correctly into the text box. Maybe it's just how those features work, but just checking to see if those can be edited somehow to show up the way you typed them in.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Kendra,

Welcome to the Adobe Express Community!!

As for the first question, there shouldn't be any issue updating the template; you may try after clearing the cache/cookies of the browser. Also, you need not go in and delete the template and save a new one.

All you need to do is Create a project > Make it a template > Save it to a Library. Then go to the 'Libraries' option and click 'Manage' on the library where you saved the project. From there, you can select the template project and modify it. It should retain those changes. Also, if you want to keep the older and new templates, you need to duplicate the template project and work on any one, as Adobe Express doesn't allow users to save version history.

For the second part, I'd like to inform you that there isn't any way to lock the assets or elements applied to the project. However, you can select multiple elements and group them to move/resize together. But fixing them to a position is currently not possible.

And for the final part of your question, you're right; the curved, grid, and magic alignments primarily require all caps, with a few exceptions, such as rotate & fit, Rotate, Triplet, and Dropcap. To utilize lowercase, you'll have to switch to a text element that offers standard align left, center, or right alignment options.

You can submit a feature request here for features you feel need modification or are missing in the product.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Amitej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines