• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe's Free converter .Mov to MP4 not working?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried uploading a small .mov file 2 Mb but unable to upload to Adobe's free MP4 converter.

Tried uploading a 'Converted' .mov file, which loaded but complete end sequence in the converted MP4 is missing.

Anyone with a handle on this please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hSingh,

Please let us know the name of the Adobe app that you are using. We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Online Free Converter - on the CC Express website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hSingh,

Sorry about this. Let's move this discussion over to the CC Express forum. I hope we can find a solution for you ASAP.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out. This shouldn't be happening.

Would you mind telling us, what error message is shown when you try to upload the .MOV file? Did you try uploading any other (.MOV)file?

Also, you may try clearing the cache/cookies of the browser you're using, or try using the incognito mode.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Amitej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Error message is displayed.

The upload seems to happen till 50% and then one waits and waits, and nothing happens. (The Hang-tight... message appears). And then it just stops.

One attempt with a 'Converted' Quick Time .MOV file was successfully uploaded and converted but the last sequence was not included in the converted file I downloaded. I created an online presentation as .PPTX file and saved it as a Movie file.

Can one only use a 'Converted' Quick Time .MOV file to convert to MP4 on the CCE online converter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What codec/format is the .mov file. Even though you're exporting the movie file from the PPTX file, the codec can be the root of the error.

(Plus - you can export your PPTX directly to MP4, you shouldn't have to use a converter)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I do not know the codec used. Is there a way to confirm?

I am using a 2011 for mac 14.7.7 version of PPT and it doesn't offer any options other than saving to a .mov file.

I have also observed, although the .pptx and also the .pps files have satisfactory resolution, when converted to .mov the file pixelates badly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same problem. I'm so frusterated that an expensive piece of software such as Adobe Premier Pro can't handle a MOV file.  Then, I try converting it via Express and get another Codec issue!   Damn.  I have a much lesser expensive piece of software on my computer called Filmora and it has no issues working with MOV files.   Huge bummer and PIA.

I wonder why Adobe can't (or won't) wrap their head around a fix.

adobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem here, trying to start using Adobe Express to create content for reels, however I can't import my video layers in .mov format (with transparent background). When trying to convert with "Adobe's Free converter .Mov to MP4" I get the popup message "Upload failed: Your media encoding is not supported. Try a different file using a supported encoding."
Very frustrating.
problema conversao mov para mp4 adobe express.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

@Luis266177217i64

and 

@vitaminnn

We're sorry for the delay. Have you tried using the other suggested browsers (Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Google Chrome) to see if it makes a difference? Try clearing the browser's cache and cookies and let us know if that helps.

Have you recently installed any third-party extensions, try removing the extension and pop- blocker if you've any.

Regards,

Tarun 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines