• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing the QR code link in Adobe Express

Contributor ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created the QR code but will need to change the link it points to in the future. How do I do this without changing the actual QR code graphic? Is this possible with Adobe Express? If not, is there another free way to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm afraid you have to change the QR Code Graphic, because it's static and so you have to build it again with the new URL and then download it to use the new Picture. You can make your new QR Code by just going to https://express.adobe.com/sp/tools/qr-code-generator and make that. Hope it helps.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never gave the URL that is linked to this QR code and it is now on labels, I need to change the link. There are 1000 products out ther now that have the wrong link. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, they wouldn't make this edible. Any chance you know of a service that allows you to change the link at any time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

there is no Service or so that can do it because every time you change the Link the QR-Code will also change. The Only way would be to do some Programming that every Time a specific Link that is indicated will change the QR-Code would be generated and uploaded to a specific Place. Also you have to check if People who load the QR-Code refresh the Page so that not the old Image would be loaded, etc. So it will be not always safe that the new Code is really the new Code.

Therefore The best way is to generate the New QR-Code and put it in the Place you want it to be. Hope that helps.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you can do is subscribe to a shortlink service (eg: bit.ly) and create your QRcode from the link provided by this service in lieu of the original one. Those services can allow you to change the original link while keeping the short link.

so Original link > create short link from original in bit.ly > create QR code from short link
If links needs to be changed, change it at the source (bit.ly) not the QR code link.

Hope it makes sense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the source at flowcode.com without change the actual QR code graphice. You can create up to 3 qr codes. After that you have to subscribe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are actually numerous sites that allow you do edit QR codes. It just has to be the right type of QR code. Adobe generates static QR codes. Several other QR providers create dynamic QR codes. Usually these other platforms charge for the service, but it's a great insurance policy and I strongly discourage static QR codes for this exact reason. It's typical Adobe to offer a sub-standard product to their paying customers. Frustrating that they don't make it more obious when you are creating the QR code. Sorry you're having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Seb, 

You can change the link of a QR code only if it's a dynamic QR code. 

QR codes are of two types - static and dynamic. A static QR code has the URL embedded into the design, so changing the URL means changing the design. Hence, you'll need to reprint it. 

But in the case of a dynamic QR code, a short URL is embedded into the QR code design, and the short URL redirects to the main URL. So, you can change the URL, but the short URL (and thus the design) will remain the same.

You can learn more about static and dynamic QR codes here: https://www.qrcodechimp.com/what-are-static-and-dynamic-qr-codes-know-the-difference/

If you want to create free dynamic QR codes, you can create them here: https://www.qrcodechimp.com/

You can create 10 dynamic QR codes with the free account, so that should get your job done. 

I hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I did (which not directly apply, but the method is what's important): I added the "Better links" plugin to Wordpress and setup a shortened 307  redirect. Then use the "shortened" link to generate a QR code. Use the generator of your choice—irrelevant. If the original QR destination ever changes, just go to your link shortener and change the target url.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. I'm going to end up having to make a redirect URL from the page it's landing on and create a new url to replace the one it's pointing to. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Google QR code Generator site. https://www.the-qrcode-generator.com. you can change the URL on the fly and even export custom QR's with a logo, etc. in .eps vector format. and even better it's free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is not free - that is why there is a link to their "pricing" page.  There is a free trial but that is not the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines