• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Express exported video out of sync with audio

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On iPhone 13pro when exporting a project to social media or downloading to photos, audio is out of sync with video. I used a saved video out of reface app added to Express and dropped in some text (all done on iPhone). The same video from reface app uploaded directly to instagram works fine and is in sync as expected. 

Any ideas as to what's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @frankb64942228 

Just checking if you were able to find a solution yet.

What you're describing sounds like if the transitions of video and sound channels were handled independently from each other when the added text was added on certain  video frames.

But in anycase, see if you can fix it using with Trim tool to adjust the timestamps for each video frame where the added text was merged with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I haven't. 

I am not sure about "trimming" the video? It is exactly at 15 seconds for an Instagram story. The text is not animated and just overlayed on top of the video. There are no bells and whistles, just a video with an audio track (that is in sync with itself) and text overlayed. Yet, upon export to share as instagram story it falls apart and the audio is way out of sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No not trimming the video.

What I meant is that the Trim tool allows you to edit the the time frames.

But, there are other features, what video format was the video file originally exported to from your app? mp4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all sandboxed in the iPhone but the camera roll info says H.264 520x720 at 19.91FPS and doesn't say the format but I assume mp4. How do you access that feature on iOS? I don't see that as an option other than trimming video length.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Android, but in both the app and the web browser you can access all available features.

See screenshot:

xpress.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's odd. You should be able to save to mp4 directly from camera roll. And also, camera roll has an audio delay feature (separate from the video editing feature).

That file that you shared came in as MOV format. Your iOS device saves by default in this format.

The main key points are that mp4 and mpeg-4 are usually used interchangeably when they are are not the same.

That said, in your case, a  H.264 video file is an mp4 video format container that contains specific video compression encoders and decoders of sound and video for example at a higher compression rate when compared to the older mpeg-4. And in that context, it is ideal for for viewing in tablets and mobile devices.

However, this is not really my area, and I don't want to give incorrect advice.

But I wouldn't use an MOV file format for editing, I'd rather use an mp4 format all the way from beginning to end to avoid the unnecessary file compression and decompression from the different codecs.

So, if you can, I think it is better to have in handy a video converter in your iOS (you can get from the App Store)  and see if that suggestion works better for you. Because in the end, after you add the text to the mp4 video in Adobe Express, it allows you to save to mp4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines