• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some fonts are converted to vector when exporting as pdf

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, after every pdf export I need to do a post-processing work that utilizes the fonts in a pdf. Unfortunately Adobe Express converts some fonts to vector and doesn't embed the fonts. Here is an example, these two texts: the first YO is using Montserrat Regular and the second YO is using Poppins Regular. After exporting to PDF, the Montserrat font is not embedded into the pdf(the text is transformed into vector) and only the font Poppins is embedded in the pdf. (I attached the express PDF export file below)

Adobe Express:

Screenshot.png

 Adobe Acrobat (the first YO behaves like an image, the second YO I can click and edit the text)

Screenshot 2023-01-14 130325.png

 Checking fonts that are embedded (only Poppins).

Screenshotj.png

 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Daniel27854142prhq,  Could you give us the following information:
1) Would you be able to clear the cache and try again with the incognito/private mode on the browser you are using?
2) Could you try downloading the project in PNG, and JPG format and check if it's showing the same error?
3) Try duplicating the project and try again.
4) Also, are you facing this issue on all the projects or just this one?

Try checking these things and report back with any observations. Thanks for your patience in resolving this problem.

Thanks

Manmeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manmeet, 

I did the first step but the same thing is happening. Here is the pdf (you can check that only Poppins font is embedded).

I don't see how the second step would solve the problem as the export file should be pdf. 

Yes, this issue is present in various fonts. Some get embedded and some get transformed into vector. 

Thank you friend. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

based on your infos so far I maybe assume that this has to do on how the Fonts are build or edited in the first Place. Some maybe better suited for Export and Using in PDF then others. Hope that helps a bit.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi henrik, and do you think this is something "fixable" on adobe's end? Because I need to do a post-processing on the fonts and if there's no font embedded I can't use the pdf at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines