Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wix and Adobe Express: Licensing Photos

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I use Wix for Websites and Adobe Express is integrated. According to Wix I have the Adobe premium license and can use Adobe-Stock photos and vector graphics on the website. In Adobe Express, inside Wix, I can download the photos without a watermark. However, if I want to download the same photos in Adobe Stock, I have to purchase a premium plan. 

Now I am confused about the licensing. Do i have the right to use these adobe-stock-photos via adobe express on the website?

When I look at my license overview in my account, I see that some images (all from adobe express in wix) have a "restricted" license. For some it says "standard". Under price it says either "Included: adobe express subscription" or "Free stock media". 

In adobe express there are seemingly free for commercial use images. The same images are also available on the normal Adobe-Stock page. But if I want to download them there, I have to buy a premium plan, eventhough i am logged in with my "premium plan". How can i tell the difference between adobe-express-free-photos, adobe-stock-free-photos and Adobe-stock-premium-photos?

Unfortunately, I can't make sense of the Adobe license terms. Can someone help me? I hope my request is somehow understandable.

Sincerely

Lelo

TOPICS
Desktop Web , Exporting and Sharing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

@lelelolo, thanks for this question. You won't be able to go directly to Adobe Stock and download the same images (unless they are free) without a watermark unless you buy Adobe Stock Credit Packs. Do you have the Adobe Express Premium Plan or the free version? The Adobe Express Premium Plan includes the license for Adobe Stock royalty-free photos, videos & music. These are assets found when searching within Adobe Express. It's separate from the Adobe Stock site.

From Wix FAQs:

Wix Media: Edit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lelelolo, thanks for this question. You won't be able to go directly to Adobe Stock and download the same images (unless they are free) without a watermark unless you buy Adobe Stock Credit Packs. Do you have the Adobe Express Premium Plan or the free version? The Adobe Express Premium Plan includes the license for Adobe Stock royalty-free photos, videos & music. These are assets found when searching within Adobe Express. It's separate from the Adobe Stock site.

From Wix FAQs:

Wix Media: Editing Your Images with Adobe Express. Enhance your images with Adobe Express without having to leave your Editor. Simply log into your Adobe Express account directly from the Media Manager and transform your images to best suit your needs. Once you save your edits in Adobe, your newly transformed image is saved to your Media Manager for you to add to your site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not directly addressing your question but more for the benefit of others:
You can find which images (or other media) are free or premium when you look at the image and see that little 👑 next to it

Imaginerie_0-1701601552333.png

it even says what is the status for you as you hover over it

Imaginerie_1-1701601590506.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines