Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Text and symbol generation in images

Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to generate a logo with a desired text. It is not accepting it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

@Anonymous37037930cx5u, While it has gotten better, Firefly (and most other AI image generators) is not good at putting exact text from a prompt into an image. Sometimes it is perfect, but usually, it does not get it right.  The best solution is to use Adobe Express or Photoshop to add text in.  The more complicated the angle or perspective of the text, the more likely you will need Photoshop to get what you want.

Please see this article on why generating text in AI image generators is hard:

https://theconversation.com/if-ai-image-generators-are-so-smart-why-do-they-struggle-to-write-and-count-208485

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

This is a current limitation please add your vote to this bug. In the meantime, check out Adobe Express

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 183 Replies 183
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text generation in images is not supported yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text and symbol generation in images is not supported yet in the Text to Image module. The quality of our models will improve with time, and generated content will better respect the prompt. If you are trying to create just text, please try the Text Effects module. (Merging all similar threads here so we can track the number of reports for this)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to add text within an image does not work correctly. For example, creating a sign with a message on it will does not render the message correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prompted with "Band of Certainty". The 4 resulting images had text in them that were close to "Certainty", but were misspelled. Images looked cool though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text generation in images is not supported yet. Try expanding your prompt with more words to get better results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

19 out of 20 submissions result in Firefly not being able to simply spell the name "Thaddeus" correctly. It adds a random letter, or drops a needed letter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for example i have tested a name of a company and then tried to create a cover for that company flyer. but unfortunately the company name and other english words are not spelled correctly 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would really be great if you could add text to map feature where we could get maps of various cities or countries. This would help professers like me or teachers who could educate indegenous people regarding their ancient terriotaries. This would help to show professers and teachers to educate indegenous children regarding their ancestral history and community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying a few very basic applications of Firefly (text to image) to create quick personalised greeting 'posters' (which is in itself incredible, especially when I compare to how I have done these until now!).

I find that the interpretation of the graphic (ie, image) request (eg, multi-color text with a background of fireworks bursting) is spot on but the text request (eg, type 'Wow! Caron' as part of the 'text to image' instruction) gives some very unpredictable images - including letters missing, different letters, added letters, a change in spelling, etc - including even with the same instruction and the 4 different versions that pop up as suggestions. 

Maybe I'm doing something wrong in how I'm asking Firefly for this but thought it useful to share this feedback as a constructive contribution to the growth of this amazing tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

First of all, let's not forget that this is still a beta version. So all we here discuss can drastically change over the next time.

That Problem with Text in the Image is the same with other KI Tools in this area. I also suspect that it is related to the fact that you could prevent unwanted violations of the guidelines (see also FAQ https://firefly.adobe.com/faq ) but all that maybe change in the next Updates. So, be Patience and let us have a lot of fun with Firefly.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of image generative AI creates some very cool images. However, the one issue I see most often, is that sometimes I want to create an image that also includes text.  When trying to add this text to the description, the AI engine doesn't know how to interpret it and it ends up adding the characters randomly to the image.

It would be great to have a way to descibre the image I want to create AND the text I would like included on the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John293759942c45 Merging all similar threads here so we can track the number of reports for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text to logo 

Prompt: "Create logo for a company called Modular Commerce. They are a company of footwear and apparel experts helping independent retailers sell online." 

The logo text is not Modular Commerce. The same result occurs when Modular Commerce is within ""

Merging all similar threads here so the team can access all requests on this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,
i report a problem that i find in using. if i ask for a caption on the image, for example a writing on a t-shirt, it does not take it correct, but doesun my of the letters or integer the writing.

Example: THAKA becomes: TAAKAA, TAKAA, AHHHAAATKKA

Merging all similar threads here so the team can access all requests on this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefly tend to generate images with typo in the text

Merging all similar threads here so we can track the number of reports for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Playing around with "text-to-image",  the images that are created with the prompt are correct, however,  when asked to include text in the image, most times the text is misspelled even with in quotes.  I have included a screen shot of my prompt and the results.  This happens in all of my prompts.

Screen Shot 2023-05-19 at 8.45.13 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Firefly All text is coming up COMPLETELY wrong... I mean, can't it literally write what I type in as text? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this for Text to image or Text effects? Posting a screenshot would help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was attempting to use Firefly to create a photo of digital signage in a hotel lobby, but no matter how I change the prompt, it creates weird language symbols on the screens instead of English.Firefly hotel lobby digital signage 62699.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Letters all out of place

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text only displays the letters but never considers the whole word; just the individual letters. I don't know if this is a bug or if it should be an additional choice.

Merging all similar threads here so the team can access all requests on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"bank account record showing expenses for chiropractor and physiotherapy in english" generates with what seems to be russian (cyrillik?) text

Merging all similar threads here so the team can access all requests on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Words when asked to be put in background are coming up misspelled most of the time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY CANT FIREFLY PRODUCE THE WORDS HOW I EXACTLY HAVE THEM WRITTEN IN QUOTES. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines