Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Text and symbol generation in images

Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to generate a logo with a desired text. It is not accepting it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

@Anonymous37037930cx5u, While it has gotten better, Firefly (and most other AI image generators) is not good at putting exact text from a prompt into an image. Sometimes it is perfect, but usually, it does not get it right.  The best solution is to use Adobe Express or Photoshop to add text in.  The more complicated the angle or perspective of the text, the more likely you will need Photoshop to get what you want.

Please see this article on why generating text in AI image generators is hard:

https://theconversation.com/if-ai-image-generators-are-so-smart-why-do-they-struggle-to-write-and-count-208485

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

This is a current limitation please add your vote to this bug. In the meantime, check out Adobe Express

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 183 Replies 183
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback. Gen AI tools are still evolving to generate the exact text, and I am sure these results will get better with time. You can also use the options in the tool to like or dislike what you see to ensure that the system gets better with time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My prompt was: "Sleepy Hollow Bar & Grill Logo" and I gave up after 12 tries because not one of the images generated had the correct spelling for either Sleepy or Hollow. It also had a problem with Grill. I also tried "Halloween" and it only spelled it right about 30% of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joe323481097aki Check out this post and let us know if it's the same issue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-firefly-discussions/text-wrong/td-p/13924887

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we tell to generate an image with a specified text in it, the generated image has wrong text or spelling mistake or not understandble text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific prompts established the correct spelling in an AI generated image? I am creating a logo  to say my brand-name if possible. Anyone have suggestions? I would love for it to say : Crypto Tube Now 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a current limitation of Adobe Firefly. However, you should check out Adobe Express. Specifically the logo templates.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I put in a phrase like "Going to the Store" the AI creates an image, often with words, and the words are nonsensical such as "Gooein tausteeren"  No one is ever going to use an AI image with nonsensical gibberish words!  You should have an option to not include words/letters in generation and make it so that if there is going to be words, they're actual words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ethereal_Serendipity5CCD That is a current limitation of most AIs. Here is a post about this limitation if you want to learn more.  I recommend creating an idea in our Idea (feature request) here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to highlight that the crucial feature missing in Firefly is accurate text rendering within images. It doesn't necessarily have to have spelling capabilities; it just needs to accurately replicate the text or names when they are part of an image request. In the long run, I'll be sticking with the image generator that excels in this area. I consider this priority #1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lonnie33081757qq7s When you say "accurate text rendering," are you referring to this type of issue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-firefly-discussions/text-is-wrong-in-text-to-image/m-p/13924887

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I instructed to "Create a gold bar on a clear background with the word MUTUAL engraved in the bar." It worked great but it would never spell Mutual correctly. I tried several revisions to no end. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to create text properly from Firefly (TXT to IMG), for example words on a T-shirt or a building representing a word, text written on a blackboard... Firefly produces the result but alters the text! Does anyone have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Text Effects module

Generative AI models have trouble with spelling. And Firefly is no exception. Except for the text effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tell the AI generator to spell a word and it always spells it wrong.  very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text is currently a limitation with all generative AIs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at subject

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean you type a text that needs to be in the image? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All AI image generators seem to be quite poor at generating useable text in an image. You should probably open the image in Adobe Express to add the necessary text.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generation in firefly text is always incorrect.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text-to-image AIs are (still) somewhat bad at writing plain text. This is a current deficiency for most Generative AI models - including Firefly.

The best solution for now is to use e.g. Photoshop to add your desired text in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious, what was the prompt you were using? I think it says Nashville or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

We appreciate you writing in. You can also review this article for more info on this: https://adobe.ly/4ccCNTC

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

KR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every ai item I have created with text has had an issue with the correct spelling of the words entered into the prompt. I rarely ever get a word correctly spelled. What needs to be done to fix this????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines