Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unlock the Power of Firefly: Ask the Experts Session! 🔥

LEGEND ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello people!

Did you have questions about Firefly or Generative AI for which you needed a trusted expert to weigh in?

Whether you’re a beginner trying to understand the basics or an advanced user looking to delve deeper into the functionality, our Ask the Experts session is the perfect opportunity to get your questions answered! 

Preran_0-1714653567989.png

How to Ask Your Questions 

Participating is easy! Just reply to this post with any questions about Firefly and its use in generative AI. Here are some ideas to get you started: 

• Image Quality: How can I enhance the resolution and overall quality of images created with Firefly? 
  • Bias Mitigation: What are the best practices for preventing racial, gender, or age biases in AI-generated images? 
  • Creative Integration: How do I maintain a balance between the AI's suggestions and my own artistic inputs when designing? 

Session Timeline 

• Ask Your Questions Now: This session is open for seven days. Our experts will be responding to your questions during this time. 
  • Deadline for Questions: Post your questions by June 1, 2024, 12 AM UTC 

Drop your questions below, and let’s get this conversation started!

Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with. 

Cheers,

Preran

TOPICS
Communications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 156 Replies 156
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback Chris. We hope to incorporate this type of feature as we get faster, more real-time generations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran! Is there a way we could have  (does it already exist?) a gallery of our previous Firefly text to image results that we can use as a library reference of our past promt results? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tigzy see a post above, you can favorite your results you want to save for future reference, but that is reliant on the browser cache. I prefer to save to a library for reference

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1714999490434.png

kevinstohlmeyer_1-1714999504513.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooh, I didn't know it relied on browser cache. If I empty my browser cache, my favourites disappear? 😬

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - tenuous at best, which is why I like the Library option better. Plus I can take these into PS to try out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good call with PS. Thanks so much @kevin stohlmeyer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,
Loving the quality of Firefly so far so keep up the great work!
Couple of questions, I would like to remove the background from an image of some vegetables. Can you tell me if there is a way I can word a prompt so that, for example, broccoli is not half cut-off on the left hand side? Can I word a prompt so that everything sits within the image and is not partially cut? It would mean that, after the background is removed, every vegetable is whole within the image is whole and looks neat when isolated.
Secondly, is there a way to save previous images/prompts or do I always have to download them?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@shaky camera for question 2 - save your results to a Library -

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1714999557327.png

kevinstohlmeyer_1-1714999578327.png

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1714999557327.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for the late response. I don't believe you can use a prompt to remove the background. I suggest importing your file into Photoshop or similar editing software to further edit the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the simplest way to make a Firefly image transparent is to take it to Adobe Express from Firefly and use that to make the image transparent. You can take it into Adobe Express by pressing the "Share" button on the lower right and then selecting "Open in Adobe Express":

droopydog500_1-1716594666799.png

Once in Adobe Express, you can select "Remove Background":

droopydog500_2-1716594709862.png

If you need to touch up what was made transparent, you can use the "Erase" feature to erase (make transparent) part of the image or restore (remove transparency) parts of the image.

droopydog500_3-1716594746693.png

I hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any problems trying this out.

droopy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @shaky camera 

In Generative Fill, you can use the Expand tool to expand the canvas so your broccoli isn't cut off. Use the Insert or Remove tool to "Select background" and fill it in with your prompt.

Thanks

Tracy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm French, so forgive me for my further bad englidh...
I would like to know if it is possible to occasionally turn off Firefly features in Photoshop, when it can be done very easily "old-fashioned", such as example rising the work area with the crop tool to have a transparent or white layer, without running the function of "generative fill/ generative enlargement" which consumes credits for nothing? or be able to use the correction buffer without necessarily going through the AI? and a whole bunch of other basic actions. Now, as soon as I want to do something, there’s the AI that launches and generates what I didn’t ask for, and that consumes, I guess, credits that would be more useful to me for other amazing improvements!

Thanks a lot for this opportunity for me to ask as a beginner, have a nice day/evening !

Best, Adeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gala24 for the crop tool, you can change the behavior in the options bar to fill with Transparent or background instead of Generative Expand. The Remove Tool does not use Generative Credits. The only features that do (and directly use AI) are Generative Expand/Crop Tool, Generative Fill and Generate Image in the Edit Menu. If you avoid those three features, you shouldn't have to "turn off" or disable Firefly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much kevin for such a fast repply ! That makes it clear for me now, I wish you the best.
Adeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WIll some of the Enterprise features ever be available to CC subscribers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you elaborate on those features that are exclusive to Enterprise users? I can see if I can find an answer for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Preran , I suspect he means the Firefly API and/or Object Reference as those are the two most common requests for non-enterprise folks here and on the Discord.

droopy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats right and the Style Kits...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

We don't have any immediate plans to open up Object Composites or Style Kit creation to non-enterprise accounts.

Thanks,

Tracy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will we be able to generate high-resolution images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest upvoting this request as also sharing details of your use case here https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-firefly-ideas/allow-to-choose-resolution-of-generated-images/id...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know about "advanced" prompts and commands. Does Firefly understand the advanced prompts that the other AI models use?

1. Like lighting techniques, for example, Rembrandt lighting, etc.
  2. Camera models
  3. I know shift left or right works, is there anything similar for composition control? Can we tell it how much to shift?
  4.  Can we turn images by degrees? More than the front view, side view, back view, does 45 degrees work? I know tilt and angled works, do those rotate commands understand degrees?
  5.  Are "high detailed", "High contrast", etc.. prompts understood?

I just need even more control. It feels like a lot of Tribal knowledge and not an indepth page listing advanced commands for advanced users.

Thank you for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

We've never put together an indepth prompt instruction guide because every time the model changes, the guide will likely also need to change. Instead, just some high level pointers:

1. Using any brand names of cameras likely won't be understood since we don't train on any trademarked images or captions
  2. Same goes for modern artists
  3. It sounds like you are looking for more instructional editing capabilities, which is something our team has been looking at but hasn't made it's way onto our site yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that this question is outside of what can be discussed in a context like this but... I like Firefly, but I do have an issue with a tool which have some invisible constraints. When I use a pencil I can draw absolutely anything. When I use Firefly, I can draw  what Firefly allows me to do. For instance I would like to have Firefly draw a cartoon style mexican bandit, as has been seen i thousands of completely traditional clipart collections. But using the prompt "cartoon style mexican bandit in the style of the mexican revolution with moustache, ammunition belt and a cigar. He has a gun holster around the hips" will land me in hot water with Firefly "We can't etc etc" Can you imagine a pencil going on strike like this?

So my question is: Why not take away all these value based restraints in the software?

Bjørn Smalbro - FrameMaker.dk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FrameMaker-dk they'd have to remove part 2 from the terms in order to process that, thereby making it less "commercially safe" for businesses.

https://www.adobe.com/legal/licenses-terms/adobe-gen-ai-user-guidelines.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines